31st January 2016, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS officer exam after completion of graduation from open board?

I want to be an IPS officer and now I am in graduation first year from open board can I apply for IPS exams after graduation? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Can you please answer me soon as possible? Thanks!

31st January 2016, 09:55 AM
kantraman

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS officer exam after completion of graduation from open board?

For IPS exam one must have atleast graduation degree from recogniaed university.And age should be from 21 to 30 years.No doubt you are eligible for IPS exam if you have completed your graduation from open board as it is given equal status.
31st January 2016, 09:58 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS officer exam after completion of graduation from open board?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IPS recruitment examination with Graduation even from Open board. But remember, the university in which you are doing Graduation must be recognized from a recognized board/ institute. So you are eligible to apply for IPS officer exam only in that case. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IPS (Indian Police Service) Recruitment Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are presently doing 1st year of Graduation, I suggest you to first complete the Graduation. Then after completing this, you may start applying for IPS Recruitment examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To join IPS, you are required to write "Civil Services Aptitude Test" which required Graduation as minimum qualification from recognized board.
31st January 2016, 10:02 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination after graduation degree. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

To appear for examination candidate need to have graduation degree from any recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after completion of degree from open university. There is no special examination for recruitment of candidates as I.P.S Officer.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 02:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, open university candidates are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after completion of graduation degree.

The eligibility criteria to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all the stages for final recruitment as Officer. To get other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 02:44 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I appreciate your willingness for being an IPS officer in future and get bothered about it in the first year of the graduation course. UPSC conducts civil services exam for the recruitment of IPS officer. Following are the eligibility criteria for the civil services exam:

Educational qualification: student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university. Final year students are also eligible for taking the test subjected to condition that student has to present the proof of passing till the Mains exam which is conducted in the month of October/ November every year.

Age limit: 21-32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students.

Selection procedure: the selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

**Since it is one of the toughest exams which is conducted by UPSC. So you have to start your preparation in the meanwhile of your graduation degree.
31st January 2016, 02:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates pursuing bachelor's degree from open universities and board are eligible for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible for this exam.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

>>Age criteria: 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation to reserved category.

>>Number of attempts: Six for general, nine for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidate.

For any more details, regarding this exam, you can visit official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2016, 06:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

1. The recognition of open university from which you are pursuing your bachelor's degree must be done by University Grants Commission then only you will be eligible to apply for Civil Services exam.

2. Graduates from UGC recognized university or UGC DEC approved university are eligible for Civil Services exam.

If your open university is approved by UGC then you can apply for Civil Services exam. Minimum age limit for exam is 21 years.
31st January 2016, 06:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course you are eligible to apply for IPS Examination even you have completed graduation in open board. There is no restriction on that. But your college must be recognized one.

And also you need to satisfy some requirements for that and those are given as follows.

>> You should complete graduation from the recognized university.

>> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is age relaxation as per government norms.

>> Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil's

>> UPSC conducts Civil's examination once in every year.
31st January 2016, 06:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one needs to clear Civil Services examination with good ranking.

Civil Services examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of deserving one's at the highest administrative posts such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. . The same examination includes three stages which are respectively called as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview.

--> For appearing in the same examination the minimum qualifications which you must possess are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation with any subject of your liking from a regular or recognized open university.

* Physical fitness as per the norms is also necessary for some wings such as IPS,etc. .

So having completed your graduation you are allowed to appear in the same if you satisfy the other criteria too.

For more detailed information regarding the same you can log on to either www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
31st January 2016, 07:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed degree from a recognized open university then surely you are eligible for IPS officer exam which is also known as civil services exam. Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 32 years.

There is no percentage criteria and you just need a degree with pass marks from a recognized university. Distance mode degrees are accepted everywhere.
31st January 2016, 09:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for IPS officer exam after completion of graduation from open board.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in the civil services exam to become IPS officer are as under :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
31st January 2016, 10:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to be an IPS officer and now I am in graduation first year from open board can I apply for IPS exams after graduation? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Can you please answer me soon as possible? Thanks!
If your degree is recognized then you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 5 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- Unlimited
31st January 2016, 11:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam which is also called Civil Services examination:

*Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Open universities candidates are eligible for exam. So, you are eligible for Civil Services exam.

*The age criteria for general category candidate is 21-32 years. Reserved category candidate get upper age relaxation.

Age criteria is calculated on 1st August. Candidate who satisfy above criteria can apply for exam.
31st January 2016, 11:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed graduation degree from any recognised university with minimum passing percentage are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to wait for another two year( completion of graduation degree) to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2016, 11:45 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
Union Publc Service Commission(UPSC) conducts IPS examination every year.

Eligibility to appear in IPS examination are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must have Bachelor degree in any disciple from a recognized university
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years.
Age relaxation of 5 years is available for SC/ST candidates and that of 3 years for OBC candidates.

Number of attempts is also limited for candidates which is 4 for general candidates, 6for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Any candidate having Bachelor degree from regular or open mode are eligible for IPS examination.
So, you are also eligible fir IPS being Bachelor degree holder from distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?