6th February 2016, 07:46 AM
Unregistered

Which should be preferred after Diploma - JEE or E-CET?

Dear sir,

I am studying diploma in Electronics and electrical engineering. After this i am going to write IIT JEE or E_CET examination. But i am confused between the two. So kindly guide which is best for me?

6th February 2016, 09:41 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which should be preferred after Diploma - JEE or E-CET?

After completion of your three years Diploma course in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, I suggest you to appear in ECET examination because, Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through Lateral Entry admission process by appearing and qualifying ECET examination.
6th February 2016, 11:59 AM
Jitu369

After completion of diploma engineering course of 3 years, you are eligible for B.Tech course by lateral entry scheme.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination is being conducted by IIT every year for admission of B.Tech in IITs. One who completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics is eligible for JEE. This eligibitity criteria leaves out diploma students because diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So, you can't appear for JEE

ECET stands for Engineering Common Entrance Test is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur(JNTUA) in Andhra Pradesh for admissions into various courses such as B.E/B.Tech by lateral entry in government as well as private colleges. So, you can appear for ECET after completion of diploma.

It's clear from above lines that you are not eligible for IIT-JEE, so don't think about it & prepare well for ECET.
7th February 2016, 02:08 PM
monikasiri

After completing Diploma in any branch it is preferable to write E-CET examination instead of JEE.It is because,diploma students are not eligible to write JEE.So,the only option you have to go for is JEE.ECET is also a good option as it helps you to do further studies like B.Tech or B.E.It is not possible to join in IIT but by writing ECET you can join in universities.
29th September 2020, 04:59 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my course in mechanical engineering in diploma,so I want to join in aeronautical engineering through JEE mains exam.can I eligible to write the exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?