24th February 2016, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma considered to be full time if I have joined diploma course from second year?

Respected sir
I am completed diploma in instrumentation engineering but I am getting admission to direct second year of diploma after HSC so is this diploma is equivalent to full time regular diploma because most of the PSU and other government body wants their qualification as full time regular diploma of 3 years so I am eligible for such post.
Than you sir

29th February 2016, 05:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma considered to be full time if I have joined diploma course from second year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir
I am completed diploma in instrumentation engineering but I am getting admission to direct second year of diploma after HSC so is this diploma is equivalent to full time regular diploma because most of the PSU and other government body wants their qualification as full time regular diploma of 3 years so I am eligible for such post.
Than you sir

Yes, the lateral entry diploma is equivalent to regular diploma course. The regular diploma course duration is 3 years after 10th standard. Because you have studied 10+2 you are allowed to join in the 2nd year of the diploma course. So it is equivalent to the regular diploma. Actually you have studied 10+2+2 (14 years instead of 13 years). So both the courses are same value only. They issue same certificate for both the candidates.
29th February 2016, 06:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma considered to be full time if I have joined diploma course from second year?

If you have attended regular classes and the institution is AICTE approved then surely your diploma will be considered full time even after getting lateral entry admission.

Hence, just make sure that your college is fully recognized by AICTE for conducting diploma courses in engineering streams.
29th February 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the Diploma course which is done after completion of 12th standard or two years ITI course is considered as equivalent to three years Diploma course. Candidates who have completed two years ITI course or 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course. After completion of your Diploma course, you can apply for job opportunities related to Diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?