27th February 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics?

I'm a kenyan inerested in pursuing a Phd course in statistics. I hold an Msc Degree in Applied Statistics. How Do I go about it? Please advise me. I am not sure what to be done next. So, it will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
  3. Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?
  4. How to do MSc statistics after pursuing BSc degree in Maths and Statistics
  5. Difference between Ph.D in statistics and PhD in applied statistics in opportunity point of view?
  6. Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics?
  7. Possibility to pursue Master of Applied Statistics for MS in Operational Communication student?
  8. What all benefits are there in MSc Statistics course? How many colleges have MSc Statistics department?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of B.Com and MBA with Finance?
  10. Can I do Ph.D after completing MSc statistics with 65%?
  11. Will it be helpful for me to do masters degree in abroad after completion of graduation in India?
  12. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  13. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  14. Is Indian Statistical Service a Civil Service? Eligibility criteria of ISS 2016 exam?
  15. List of medical colleges in Maharashtra along with their cutoffs? Where can I get admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  17. Is Indian statistical service a class one officer?
  18. Is there any entrance exam to study PhD in ISRO for M.Sc(Statistics) candidate?
14th March 2016, 07:17 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics?

If you are having a Master Degree with more than 55% marks then you need to apply for the UGC-NEt as well as all the other Entrance Examinations for the course of PhD.
Once you are able to clear these Entrance Examinations you will be eligible for the course of PhD in Statistics.
You will also have to clear a Personal Interview before you can get admitted to the course of PhD in Statistics.
19th April 2019, 02:08 AM
parvathyravi
Junior Member+

Default Re: What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics?

You can apply reputed institutions for phd along with a research proposal. if you clear NET it will be consider as an additional qualification. Qualifying JRF will get you financial assistance for carrying out phd.Most of the research institutions conduct entrance exam and personal interview for admission.75% weightage will be given to your entrance score and 25% will be given to personal interview.For more information check their websites. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?