29th February 2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do PhD in Biotechnology in India for M.Sc(Fishery) candidate?

Respected Sir,
Am I eligible to do PhD in Biotechnology in India after completing my M.Sc in Fishery major? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD in Pharma Biotechnology from USA?
  2. List of institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology for a candidate who has secured 959 All India Rank in GATE?
  3. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  4. Entrance exam to do PhD in US for M.Tech(Biotechnology) candidate?
  5. List of universities which offer PhD(Biotechnology) in Europe? Eligibility to get admission?
  6. List of reputed universities which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India?
  7. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Top 10 colleges which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India? Procedure to get admission?
  9. How to prepare for NET Exam being a candidate of M.Sc in Biotechnology? Information regarding all India Tests for Ph.D course?
  10. Scholarship eligibility, exam, and interview for Ph.D(Plant Biotechnology/Agriculture Biotechnology) in abroad?
  11. Eligibility for PhD in Biotechnology? In what all trades can I do PhD?
  12. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  13. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria to do PhD in Biotechnology?
  15. List of institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology to M.Sc candidate? Entrance exam to get admission?
  16. Admission procedure, fee expenses and scholarships available to study PhD in Germany/UK for M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing PhD in BioTechnology after BDS and BSc Microbiology?
  18. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
29th February 2016, 10:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Biotechnology in India for M.Sc(Fishery) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Am I eligible to do PhD in Biotechnology in India after completing my M.Sc in Fishery major? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.
After completion of M.Sc in Fishery, you can do Ph.D in Biotechnology.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
29th February 2016, 11:00 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Biotechnology in India for M.Sc(Fishery) candidate?

Eligibility for Ph.D in Bio Technology :

<> You should completed M.Sc or any equivalent degree with minimum 60% of marks from the recognized university.

>> Or Else the candidates who have completed M.Tech with 60% of marks can also eligible.

>> There is a percentage relaxation for reserved candidates about 5% of marks.
29th February 2016, 11:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
In order to be eligible for the course of the PhD in Biotechnology, one will have to be a Master degree holder in either Biotechnology or in a field related to Biotechnology. The Master degree should be of a well recognized university of India.

. There is no age limit required for the PhD in Biotechnology. The candidate must score not less than 55% of marks at the Master Degree level.
1st March 2016, 02:59 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to tell you this but you are not eligible for the course of PhD in Biotechnology.
The course of M.Sc in Fishery major differs a lot with the course of PhD in Biotechnology so you are not eligible for the course of PhD in Biotechnology.
You can try for PhD courses related to Fisheries where you will be able to get admission once you have cleared the Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?