1st March 2016, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?

Respected Sir/Mam,

Can i get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch.if yes,how many %age required .i score 85% in diploma final year. What is the process which I need to follow for the same? Can you please guide me.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch
  2. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  3. How to join diploma in civil engineering direct in 2nd year? I have completed my Civil Draughtsmen
  4. How to get admission for civil engineering? I have scored 70% in civil engineering diploma
  5. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year of NPTI, Nagpur if secured 69.88% in Electrical Engineering Diploma course and having 1 year of worked experience?
  6. Can I get Direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if score good marks in first 2 years of Diploma in Electronics Engineering and escape 3rd year?
  7. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. List of names of the colleges in Pune region? Where can I get admission? I have completed mechanical diploma with 54% marks
  9. Can a candidate be eligible to get direct admission into 2nd year of B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  10. How can I take admission for direct 2nd year engineering from Andhra after completing civil engineering diploma from maharashtra
  11. Is it possible for me to get direct admission to 2nd year diploma course if I am dropped out from 12th?
  12. How to get admission in direct 2nd year in civil engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  13. Will I get admission into 2nd year of Engineering in Maharashtra after completion of Diploma course in Mechanical stream with 65% of marks?
  14. How to get direct 2nd year admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Where can I get admission in direct 2nd year after completing diploma from VJTI with 73% in Mechanical Engineering
  16. Can I take admission in B.E 2nd or 1st year after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  17. How can I take admission in 2nd yr B.E as a part time? I've completed diploma in civil engineering through correspondence
  18. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
2nd March 2016, 09:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?

Yes, you can definitely get admission directly in the second year of graduation , i.e, B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering with 85% marks. In order to get admission in second year of engineering degree course, you need to appear in LEET which is conducted by each state as well as various private universities. You need to score well in order to get admission in good institutes. The admission is done on the basis of rank in LEET. The cutoff depends on the LEET you are opting for since various states have different cutoff and it varies each year.
2nd March 2016, 10:57 PM
Psycho888
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?

85% in diploma is really good marks you have scored.

After diploma you can appear for B.Tech by lateral entry i.e. you will get admission for 2nd year of engineering.

You need to go through LEET entrance examination in order to get admission for B.Tech by lateral entry.

You need to qualify with good rank in LEET to get admission in top college of engineering.
2nd March 2016, 11:02 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.tech course after diploma from any recognised university.

To get admission in course, you have to appear and qualify in Lateral Entry Entrance Examination conducted by different university for admission in the respective university.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is candidate must have passed diploma degree from any recognised university with minimum 60%.

Some of university which conducts entrance examination is UPTU, PTU etc...

To get more information about syllabus and admission procedure visit at official website of university.
2nd March 2016, 11:48 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

Can i get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch.if yes,how many %age required .i score 85% in diploma final year. What is the process which I need to follow for the same? Can you please guide me.

Thank you!
Yes, it is possible to get direct admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech course after Diploma in Civil Engineering. This system is called as later entry; the eligibility to study the B.Tech in Civil Engineering is a pass in Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum of 45% marks. The aspirant has to appear for lateral entry entrance test conducted by the state government for the admission in some states. The marks scored in diploma and the entrance will be considered for the admission.
3rd March 2016, 12:02 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

It is 100% possible to get direct admission in the second year of your graduation after completion of your diploma in any stream from any recognized institute/university. You have to score at least 45% marks in your diploma to be eligible for pursuing B.Tech.
With 85% marks you will get good college for your bachelor degree course. For getting admission in 2nd year you have to appear in the LEET exam. After that you have to participate in the online counselling. On the basis of your LEET score you will get college for studying B.Tech.
3rd March 2016, 12:13 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

After appearing for LEET entrance and qualifying in it, you become eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.tech degree.

Candidate passed diploma degree from any recognised university are eligible to appear for LEET examination.

The application form for examination will be available on official website of university from April. To get more information about examination syllabus and pattern visit at official website.
3rd March 2016, 01:01 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding B.Tech course After Diploma.

Yes, definitely you are eligible to take admission in the direct second year of the B.Tech-Civil Engineering course through the lateral entry examination.

After completing Diploma course you can take admission in the B.Tech course directly in the second year through the lateral entry examination. There are many private/government engineering college in our country which offer B.Tech course for the diploma holder candidates. You must apply for the lateral entry examination.

You have good marks in the diploma course. Appear in the lateral entry examination conducted by many college. You may choose same branch in B.Tech as diploma.
3rd March 2016, 11:39 PM
Jitu369

Yes, it is possible to get admission for direct 2nd year of graduation after completion of diploma course.

85% in diploma is really good marks scored by you. 85% is sufficient to take admission for graduation but you need to go through some entrance exams also.

B.Tech is a 4 years duration graduation course for engineering field. But there is provision made for diploma holders in B.Tech that they can get admission for B.Tech by lateral entry i.e. direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech.

To get admission by lateral entry you need to appear for some entrance exams such as JELET, LEET etc. Some institutes conducts their own entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?