13th March 2016, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS marksheet is recognized by Medical Council of India or not?

I have taken commerce group in my 12th (CBSE), but I discontinued due to some family problems. Now I am doing Physics, Chemistry Biology through NIOS board. After this I want to try for MBBS. Is NIOS marksheet recognized by medical council of india?

Asha
Patna

13th March 2016, 06:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS marksheet is recognized by Medical Council of India or not?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. Central Government of India has approved NIOS board for conducting examination at 10th standard and 10+2 standard. Examination conducted by NIOS board is valid and its marksheet and certificates are valid for all type of entrance exams either it is higher study exam or government job examination.

MCI which stands for Medical Council of India accepts NIOS score for different courses like MBBS, BDS etc. There is no problem in validity of NIOS marksheet, you can apply for entrance exams like AIIMS MBBS exam, AIPMT, JIPMER etc.
13th March 2016, 10:27 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether NIOS marksheet is recognized by Medical Council of India or not?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for MBBS entrance examination after pursuing PCB from NIOS.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under MHRD. The certificate have equal value as like other and candidate passed from NIOS are eligible to appear for entrance examination for higher studies and jobs.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible to get admission.
14th March 2016, 11:38 AM
OnePlus

NIOS is an open schooling board and it is under taken by the union government of India.
NIOS is a highly recognized board of India and have same value as the other boards of India.

NIOS has the same value as CBSE and ISC has but the main difference is that in NIOS there is no need to attend the regular classes because it is an open schooling board. Whereas CBSE and ISC are the regular boards.

Yes you can apply for MBBS as being a science student of NIOS. You need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria related to MBBS course.
A candidate must have 12th passed from a recognised board or university to do MBBS.

NIOS mark sheet is valid and highly recognized for doing MBBS.
24th May 2020, 04:49 AM
Unregistered

I did my MBBS from Russia (join in 2014 and completed 2019)and now I applied for eligibility certificate. Can anyone help me regarding if I%u2019m going to difficulty in getting certificate???
2nd June 2020, 05:58 PM
HGK7

Post Re: Whether NIOS marksheet is recognized by Medical Council of India or not?

Hi dear,

Examination conducted by NIOS board is valid and its marksheet and certificates are valid for all type of entrance exams either it is higher study exam or government job examination.MCI which stands for Medical Council of India accepts NIOS score for different courses like MBBS, BDS etc.

All the best!!
20th October 2020, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Medical Council of India accepts NIOS score for different courses like BHMS YES OR NO
8th August 2021, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Is nios board mark sheet valid or not in nmc?
17th March 2022, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

I do my 12th with commerce stream from CBSE and done bcom in 2021. Can I do 12th from nios with science stream. For this my previcious qualification valid or not.
Or I can give exam only for 3 subjects physics,chemistry, biology.
So that I can take admission in D.pharma.
Please help anyone.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?