15th March 2016, 02:27 PM
rish rana

Can I use Physical Education in best of fours subjects?

I have completed my class 12 by studying commerce with maths and now want to pursue my studies by doing economics hons. in DU north campus. if i give economics,accountancy,english,physical education in my best four would i be able to get admission in economics hons.????

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to remove Physical Education and continue with 5 subjects to study in 12th standard?
  2. What should I do after passing 12th to join Biology? Should I take admission in medical field or in drawing? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is it possible to replace Mathematics and consider Physical Education/English as best of four to get admission in Shree Ram College of Commerce?
  4. Which college provides B.A honours with scholarship?
  5. Which subject is easy for me in commerce 12th having 50% in 10th?
  6. Courses available to study for 11th candidate who has Physics, Chemistry and Physical Education as main subjects?
  7. List of the correspondence universities offering post graduation in Physical Education? Whether this course can be covered under education loan?
  8. List of colleges in Tamil Nadu and date of admission for BPED?
  9. How calculate percentage for IIT JEE?
  10. Possibilities of studying abroad after scoring good in 12th Commerce?
  11. MA Physical education can be done through distance education? Whether that course will be valid?
  12. Can I choose additional subject like Physical education after failing in 2 subjects in 12th commerce?
  13. List of colleges in Mumbai offering BPEd course? What is the eligibility and duration of the course?
  14. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing 12th with PCM percentage of 54 and overall percentage of 61.4? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Biju Patnaik University of Technology-B.Tech 2nd Year- Relational Database Management Systems Exam – Download Previous Year’s Papers
  16. What subject should I choose as a career option after 12th? In 12th I have taken these subjects -geography, physical education, multimedia, english, urdu and web technology
  17. Am I eligible for Assistant Teacher of Physical Education in West Bengal School Service Commission?
  18. What subject should I choose as a career option after 12th? In 12th I have taken these subjects -geography, physical education, multimedia, english, urdu and web technology
15th March 2016, 07:15 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I use Physical Education in best of fours subjects?

First and foremost as you do not have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 board examination, you are not eligible to get admission in DU in Economics honors as per university guidelines.

Also, the physical studies paper are not considered in best four for aggregate calculations. For any other information visit at www.du.ac.in.
15th March 2016, 07:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

DU is one of India's best university and from last year i.e 2015 the university has made it compulsory that candidate having mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to pursue commerce or economics honors course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in economics honors. No, painting, physical science are not considered as best four subject to get admission.
15th March 2016, 08:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The application forms for admission in Delhi University in undergraduate course is about to come in last week of May. After that candidates can apply for various undergraduates courses. Once application process is over, Delhi university releases about 8-10 cut off lists of percentages depending upon which admission to different colleges of Delhi University is done.

In percentage calculation of marks, top best four subject will taken into consideration along with overall percentage of marks. Yes, you can give physical education in your best four. For admission in Economics Honours in any college of Delhi University if you belong to general category, minimum of 90-95% marks in 10+2 board exams is required.
15th March 2016, 08:34 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

No,You can not choose Physical education in top four subject. Because English, Accounts,Economics & Match are always considered as main subject and hence the fourth subject should always be Economics to get admission in Economics Honors.

You can choose physical education as fifth optional subject. If your marks in Physical education is not good then you should choose another subject to make your percentage high.
15th March 2016, 08:53 PM
Indian knowledge

DU ( Delhi university ) is the top most university of north india. The addmission procedure in the DU is through cuttoff marks. There are about 80 colleges of DU in delhi.
For addmission in DU, the physical education is not considered as a academic subject. So it is not taken as best of four subjects for math honors, economic honors etc. On the other side , computer science can choose as a academic subject in DU.
Music is also not be consider for academic subject.
But some universities took physical education as a game subject and give reservation to some students whose have certificates in this line.
15th March 2016, 08:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Delhi University is the best central university of India for undergraduate course.

*For economics honours, mathematics is compulsory in 10+2. You have taken mathematics in 10+2, you are eligible for economics honours from different colleges of Delhi University.

*Some of the top colleges for economics honours are SRCC, Hindu College, RamJas college, Rajdhani College etc. All these colleges require minimum of more than 90% marks in 10+2.

You can use Physical education in best of four subjects for admission.
15th March 2016, 09:47 PM
Knowledge World

Yes,You can take Physical Education in best four scoring subjects but It is not an academic subject so if you consider this subject to take admission in Delhi University then they will deduct your 2.5 % marks from your total result and other criteria is depend upon coming guidelines and cuttoff in this year for admissions in DU.It also depend upon college rules under DU.
16th March 2016, 12:29 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot use physical science in calculating best four subject for admission in DU.

So, you have to take other four subject in calculating best four. The admission in Economics honours is on the basis of best four in 10+2.

Also you need to have score over 92% to get admission as cut off is very high for admission in Economics and other courses in DU. For previous year cut off list and other details about selection of best four visit at www.du.ac.in.
16th March 2016, 08:23 AM
sonivsnitin

Hi,
I am from Rajdhani college.I guess it is allowed in selective colleges.
people did add their physical edu. in best of four and enrolled themselves in the good colleges of DU but as it is a non- educational subject,so they deduct 10 marks (2% approx.) from your total.
Earlier it wasn't allowed, I guess. But now you can most probably add it up.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?