16th March 2016, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Details of the Drug Inspector job post in India?

I want to get full information regarding the drug inspector job post in India. Can you please provide me the complete information related to the job post as soon as possible. Thank you

16th March 2016, 12:12 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Need details of the Drug Inspector job post in India?

Candidate who want to become a Drug Inspector have to pass Drug Inspector Exam. Drug Inspector Exam is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility :

Candidate must have passed degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science with at least more than 45% marks from any recognised university.
Candidate must have minimum 3 years of experience in testing or manufacturing of drug.

Examination Patter :
Paper I : Pharmacy
Maximum Marks : 200

Paper II : General Knowledge
Maximum Marks : 50

Please find the attachment for exam syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Syllabus.txt(714 Bytes, 59 views)
16th March 2016, 02:40 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To become a drug inspector one has to pass the examination conducted by UPSC.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Drug inspector post is that the candidate must have passed degree in pharmacy/ pharmaceutical science/ medicine with atleast 45% marks from a recognized college. Also the candidate must have minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of manufacturing/ testing of drug.

Exam pattern consists of 2 papers out of which paper 1 consists of pharmacy and paper 2 consists of general knowledge.
16th March 2016, 05:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Drug Inspector Recruitment Exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for drug inspector exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have degree in pharmacy / pharmaceutical sciences / medicine with specialization in clinical pharmacology / microbiology from a recognized university or must hold equivalent pharmacy degree which should be from PCI approved college .

-The candidate should have secured a minimum of 45% marks in the concerned qualifying exam .

-The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience in the field of manufacturing / testing of drug .

-The candidate age limit must be in between 21 years to 35 years. There is relaxation in upper age limit by 5 years for the reserved category candidates.

-The selection procedure for the post consists of

Written test

Physical test

Viva-Voice

Examination Pattern:

The exam for Drug Inspector is conducted for two papers and questions will be asked in the form of objective type multiple choice questions .

Paper I: Pharmacy for 200 marks .

Duration of Exam: 2 Hours

Paper II: General Knowledge for 50 marks .

Duration of Exam: 1 Hour

Syllabus for drug inspector exam :

Paper I:

Medical Chemistry;

Forensic Pharmacy;

Pharmacognesy;

Manufacturing pharmacy;

Pharmaceutical Analysis;

Pharmacilogy;

Toxicology etc

Paper II:

The Paper II syllabus relates with general studies and mental ability questions.

Paper II syllabus :

General Science questions related to recent developments in the field of Science & Technology.

Current Affairs of National and International Importance.

History & Geography of India,

Indian National Movement,

Social, Economic and Cultural Issues etc
16th March 2016, 08:43 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

To get the job of Drug Inspector you need to appear and qualify in State Public Service Commission.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed B.pharma or have graduation in medicine with specialization in microbiology.

The age limit to appear for examination vary for different state. The examination paper consists of question of Mental ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and one paper is totally on basis of B.Pharma syllabus.

To get information about syllabus and any other details regarding examination visit at official website of state PCS.
11th January 2021, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Details of the Drug Inspector job post in India?

sir pls tell me 18 month experince is necsery for drug insp nd how can i get that experine aftr b.phrm.......send me complte informtn on [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?