17th March 2016, 01:27 PM
shashank lokpala

Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy as an Engineer being 6 months back?

Hello sir
I'm shashank currently I'm pursuing BE as an mechanical engineering. But got 6 months back. I'm able to join merchant navy as an engineer.
If it is possible then . Please tell me the procedure... Please please

Or by 10+2 pcm 59%

17th March 2016, 05:36 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy as an Engineer being 6 months back?

Yes,you can join Merchant Navy after completing B.E Mechanical .

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

-The candidate should hold a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree can join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
17th March 2016, 08:18 PM
learner vijay

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy as an Engineer being 6 months back?

If you have 59% im pcm in your 12 class.Your ambition is to join merchant navy as an engineer then I try to help you as much as possible.
But sorry to say that with 6 months back ,it is quite difficult for you to achieve that but it is not impossible,you can try hard to achieve this.
The procedure is so simple.you have to fill the online form on upse site.After filling,an entrance exam is conducted by upse.you have to clear that exam.After clearing that exam,interview will be taken and then physical test.After that you will be able to get this job according to your talent and knowlegde.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?