21st March 2016, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study B.Ed from any government recognized school for teaching?

I am interested in the field of teaching. I want to be Teacher. Therefore i need to know that if it is necessary to study B.Ed course from any government recognized school to become a teacher?

Related Questions:
  1. Government Teaching job after B.Ed for Pharmacy graduate?
  2. What is the age criteria followed for getting government teaching job for ladies?
  3. What should I do to get government job in School or College after completion of B.Pharmacy course?
  4. Regular B.Ed after teaching in a school recognized by W.B government and 48% marks in graduation and M.A?
  5. Is B.ED appoved for other government jobs except teaching?
  6. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  7. List of the colleges offering B. Ed through correspondence in Visakhapatnam?
  8. What can I do to get a government job after doing NTT with 78% marks and with 4 years experience in teaching in recognized school Punjab?
  9. Teaching opportunities in any Government school for 43 years old M.Sc(Biochemistry) postgraduate who has 15 years of Teaching experience in Abu Dhabi?
  10. How to do a teaching job in government school? I have done my B.Ed from CMJ university
  11. How to join B.Ed course through correspondence?
  12. How to do B.Ed through distance mode after completing graduation with 60%?
  13. List of recognized universities available for B.Ed? I'm from Hyderabad(AP)
  14. After completing B.Ed course is it possible to get a government job?
  15. Can I get a Teacher post in government sector if done PG Diploma in Educational Administration & Supervision?
  16. Guidelines to get a permanent job at the age of 49 years?
  17. How to join correspondence course in B.Ed?
  18. Duration of B.Ed course? -- [Most Discussed]
21st March 2016, 11:14 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study B.Ed from any government recognized school for teaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in the field of teaching. I want to be Teacher. Therefore i need to know that if it is necessary to study B.Ed course from any government recognized school to become a teacher?
No, it is not necessary to do B.Ed through Government university to become a Teacher. You can do B.Ed through regular or distance based on your Interest. You need to satisfy the below criteria in order to become a Teacher.
  • The applicant must complete B.Ed with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
  • The applicant must qualify in the TET entrance exam with good marks.
  • The applicant must have minimum two years work experience in Teaching field.
21st March 2016, 11:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study B.Ed from any government recognized school for teaching?

Quote:
To become a teacher in government school, you must have valid B.Ed score.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with B.Ed from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.
21st March 2016, 02:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is necessary to have B.Ed degree to appear for TET. TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and it is conducted by various state government.

Candidate after qualifying in entrance examination are eligible to get recruitment as teacher.

Candidate after 10+2 and have Diploma in Education degree can also appear for examination to get recruitment as teacher but only as primary teacher.
21st March 2016, 03:41 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, it is not recognized to do B.Ed from any government recognized College in order to opt for the job of a teacher. You just need to have your b.Ed degree from a recognized university and should then opt for UGC-NET examination and then can apply for teacher post ion any good school.
21st March 2016, 03:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in the field of teaching and want to become a teacher in future, you need not do your B.Ed course from government recognized University, it can be done from any recognized University and you should have scored a minimum of 50% in it.

You will then have to appear and clear UGC-NET examination with good score in order to be eligible to apply for the post of a teacher.
21st March 2016, 03:52 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, it not necessary to have B.Ed degree for recruitment as teacher. But you need atleast B.Ed or D.Ed to appear for TET entrance examination to get job as a teacher in government school.

For recruitment as primary teacher candidate passed 10+2 with diploma in education are eligible to appear for examination. For secondary school teacher candidate need to have bachelor degree with B.Ed to appear for entrance examination.

So, you have to pursue B.Ed degree which is of two year duration to appear for Teacher Eligibility Test. For information about CTET which is conducted by CTET visit at http://www.ctet.nic.in.
21st March 2016, 06:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Permanent teaching jobs in government schools is only available to those who have qualified TET/CTET. For these exams you need B.Ed qualification along with your degree qualification.

Hence, it is definitely necessary to complete B.Ed if you are willing to go for a government school teaching job in India.
21st March 2016, 08:52 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

No, it's not necessary to study from any goverment college. Main thing which matters that is a B.ed degree. If you have a B.ed degree means you are eligible for Teaching. So just focus on B.ed degree.
21st March 2016, 11:04 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.
It is must need degree to become teacher in any government or CBSE or other board affiliated schools.
Not only B.Ed degree is necessary, but also candidate need to qualify Teacher Eligibility Test(TET) to pursue their career as teacher in government schools.
After completing state TET, candidate will be recruited by state government educational body but not in the case of CTET.
CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by CBSE for recruitment in CBSE affiliated schools.
It is conducted twice in a year in month of February and September.
Qualifying in CTET doesn't guarantee of recruitment as CTET qualified candidates need to respond by themselves on the basis of vacancy in any CBSE affiliated school.
There is no limit for candidates to appear in CTET but in some state TET, number of times a candidate can appear is limited.
So, candidate need to collect all necessary information of state TET from the time when notification comes.
21st March 2016, 11:50 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is necessary to pursue B.Ed course to become teacher.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for teacher is that the candidate must have passed B.Ed course with above 55% marks from a recognized college or university.

To become a government teacher, one has to appear for an entrance examination which is teachers eligibility test.
22nd March 2016, 12:27 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The aspirant has to study either Diploma in Education or B.Ed to become a Teacher . The aspirant has to clear the CTET or SET examinations conducted by the central or state governments. You must have a graduation and B.Ed will be good choice for the Teaching profession, after this you have to appear for CTET examination and clear the same. After clearing the CTET you can apply for teaching jobs in various central and state government and government aided schools. The eligibility details of CTET is given in the Official website Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?