21st March 2016, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Can lateral entry students apply for CAT entrance exam?

Sir, i have done 3 year diploma after 10th from polytechnic college and took admission in 2nd year of b.tech through lateral entry scheme. Now i am in 3 year and cat aspirant. So i want to know if i can appear for the entrance?

please reply

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  2. Am I eligible to take admission in Nagpur University for engineering course? I have done my diploma in mechanical engineering
  3. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  4. Can I do B.Tech abroad after completing diploma 3 years course?
  5. WHat should be done after EC in diploma? I have completed diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  6. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  7. How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in E&TC
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year in NIT after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I do MBA course after finishing diploma in electronics and communication? I have an industrial experience
  10. What should i do to join B.Tech after Diploma in ECE?
  11. What should I do after completion of IT diploma course?
  12. How to go for B.E after finishing diploma? I am studying diploma in computer science
  13. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  14. What is the procedure followed for getting lateral entry B.E admission?
  15. How to get admission for 2nd year of B.Tech after completion of 1st year of B.Sc course?
  16. Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college
  17. Is there any college to do B.E after diploma in 1 year?
  18. How to get admission in 2nd year after completing diploma in civil from Sridevi Technical institute at Tumkur
21st March 2016, 09:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can lateral entry students apply for CAT entrance exam?

Yes, lateral entry students can apply for CAT entrance exam.
  1. Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  2. Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  3. There is no age limit.
21st March 2016, 11:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have done 3 year diploma after 10th from polytechnic college and took admission in 2nd year of b.tech through lateral entry scheme. Now i am in 3 year and cat aspirant. So i want to know if i can appear for the entrance?

please reply
Those applicant who have completed their Bachelor Degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate from any recognized university can apply for CAT entrance exam. You need to complete B.Tech with 50% of marks to be eligible to apply for CAT exam.
21st March 2016, 11:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for CAT in the final year of your B.Tech course and after scoring well in your entrance, you can very much opt to pursue MBA from a recognized University.
22nd March 2016, 12:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

please reply
After completion of B.Tech course, you are eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
22nd March 2016, 12:33 AM
Rajgame

You can appear for CAT in your final year or after completing your B.Tech and for your kind information lateral entry students are equally eligible.
11th November 2018, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Yes, of course you are eligible for MBA entrance exams. But, you must complete B.E course with the required percentage of marks to be eligible for CAT, GMAT and other MBA entrance exams. Graduation is the basic qualification required to apply for MBA entrance exams. First you need to check the complete list for MBA entrance exams at Aglasem
11th November 2018, 08:43 AM
prabhaguptaedu

Quote:

please reply
Yes, of course you are eligible for MBA entrance exams. But, you must complete B.E course with the required percentage of marks to be eligible for CAT, GMAT and other MBA entrance exams. Graduation is the basic qualification required to apply for MBA entrance exams. First you need to check the complete eligibility for MBA exams at Aglasem
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?