16th April 2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to have a future career in IT engineering? Do 11th and 12th or opt for diploma course?

Hi Sir/Mam,

What should I do to have a future career in IT engineering? Do 11th and 12th or opt for diploma course? Which one would be the best option? Can someone please provide me the advantages and disadvantages of the same? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
16th April 2016, 11:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to have a future career in IT engineering? Do 11th and 12th or opt for diploma course?

If you want to start your IT career at an younger age then diploma will be a good option but salary will not be as good as a B.Tech degree holder.

If you want to aim for top IT companies then aim for class 12th PCM and prepare for JEE Main and Advanced. Performance in this entrance exam can get you admission in top colleges like IITs and NITs.
17th April 2016, 04:25 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to have a future career in IT engineering? Do 11th and 12th or opt for diploma course?

Doing 11th and 12th and after that opting for graduation in IT engineering is more preferable than completing your diploma first and then getting admission in degree course because of the following reasons;

> If you pursue your Diploma then first of all you will no more be eligible to get admission in IITs as they do not entertain diploma holders to get admission via any examination.

> You cannot even opt for IIT JEE as you would have not completed your +2 level of education.

> You will face problems in places where +2 level of education is a must, as there are many cases where such requirement is necessary, etc.

Therefore, I suggest you to opt for your +2 level of education first and then opt for engineering entrance examination.
17th April 2016, 12:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can study 11th and 12th standard or three years Diploma course even if you are interested to make a career in IT sector. You need to pursue 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream or Diploma course in IT or CSE branch to be eligible to pursue Engineering IT course. After completion of your 12th standard, you can get admission in first year of four years B.Tech course. If you have studied Diploma course, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course. After completion of your B.Tech course, you can find many job opportunities in IT sector companies.
18th April 2016, 12:07 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your matriculation you will have to study 6 more years for became an IT engineer.

If you go for the diploma after 10th then you have one benefit that you will learn the basics of your engineering during your diploma course and while pursuing your bachelor degree course you will understand the concepts easily.

However if you go for the intermediate after 10th then you will learn the mathematics in details but not core field(IT).

So both options have their own advantages and disadvantages. My suggestion to you is that you should go for the diploma after 10th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?