16th April 2016, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue biotechnology course in higher studies after completion of biomedical course?

Im a 2nd year student currently pursuing b.tech biotechnology in Chennai. I had earlier wanted to take biomedical But ended up taking biotechnology. I now want to pursue higher studies in a field related to medicine. Is it possible to take up higher studies in biomedical or medicine biotechnology after my undergrad? If so What are my options? Also What would be the scope and What line of work would i be eligible for if i take up these courses? And also What entrance examination are involved in the process?

Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study B.E. instead of getting job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Higher studies after Biomedical Engineering? Courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Higher studies Abroad after completion of Biomedical Engineering?
  4. Scope of studying Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  5. What should I do further after completing B.Com if having poor financial condition?
  6. Which are the institutes to pursue higher studies in Biomedical Trade which accept the GATE score?
  7. Which post graduation course I can go for after completion of M.Com from IGNOU?
  8. List of good universities in US to do higher studies in Biomedical engineering?
  9. Which one is better between diploma after 10th and degree after 12th? Which diploma degree is better for girls?
  10. Which course I should opt for higher studies after completion of B.Sc Botany and Biotechnology? -- [New]
  11. What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  12. Will it be good to pursue M.Tech in Biomedical Engineering after B.Tech Biotechnology? What are the job prospects in this area?
  13. Which stream should i take in class 11th for making career in USA?
  14. What is the procedure followed to pursue higher studies in Astrophysics after completion of 12th standard?
  15. What is the scope in higher studies after doing B.E Biomedical Engineering?
  16. What should I do after completing diploma except for B.Tech course?
  17. What is the scope in learning B.Sc Genetics? Can I do M.Sc Genetics?
  18. What should I do among Job and B.Tech if completed Diploma in ECE?

10th May 2016, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue biotechnology course in higher studies after completion of biomedical course?

Biomedical and medicine are different field. Biotechnology graduates are not eligible for such courses. You can only go for courses related to biotechnology or microbiology or biochemistry. There is not much option for you.

You can also try clinical research which is open for life science graduates. Biotechnology graduates usually go for research field.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?