17th April 2016, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

A chemistry graduate can do M.Sc in Fishery Science? What is the scope and type of jobs offered?

Should a Chemistry honours graduate eligible for M.Sc in Fishery Science? After completion of course what is the scope and which type of job offered from both private and govt. sector? Is it more beneficial give a high package than M.Sc in Chemistry; if so how? What is the admission process and entrance syllabus? Plz expain..

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Post Graduate in Fishery if not done Graduation in Fishery?
  2. What type of jobs can I get after MSc in Organic Chemistry? Scope of inorganic chemistry or industrial basis?
  3. Can i get scholarship for M.Sc from JRF at CUSAT?
  4. What are the jobs available after passing MSc IT? What are the other jobs for me as a MSc IT graduate?
  5. Best colleges and scope after M.Sc Chemistry? Can I choose Forensic Science in M.Sc?
  6. Types of jobs for MSc Organic Chemistry?
  7. Government job opportunities for MSc Organic Chemistry and MSc Inorganic Chemistry? Which one has a better scope?
  8. Can I do B.Ed course in Swami Vivekananda University after doing BSc Fishery Science
  9. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of career options available after completing B.Sc(fishery) hons in India? What's the difference between B.Sc(fishery hons) and B.Sc(fishery)?
  11. What will be the career scope of doing M.Sc Nanotechnology after completion of B-Pharmacy course? Job Opportunities and Salaries offered after completion of this course?
  12. Can a B.Tech CSE student apply for Railway Jobs? What type of jobs are offered to us?
  13. What type of jobs will I get after completion of MSc Life Science
  14. What is the scope of Diploma in Forensic Science? What kind of jobs will be offered aftet this course and what will be the salary?
  15. How to pursue masters in Chemistry after completing BSc in chemsitry from DU? What is the minimum marks required to get into MSc? What is the scope of MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  16. What type of courses are available after completing MSc Chemistry?
  17. Doing MSc Chemistry :Scope of chemistry in Arab Countries?
  18. What kind of job can I get after completing diploma in Fisheries?
18th April 2016, 03:30 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: A chemistry graduate can do M.Sc in Fishery Science? What is the scope and type of jobs offered?

The general eligibility criteria for doing course of M.SC in fishery is a Graduation degree in Science or a B.Tech degree but there are some of colleges which specify their eligibility criteria as the graduation subject must be Zoology or Fisheries science.

For admission into post graduation course in veterinary science the student has to sit for an entrance examination and has to qualify this examination called as All India Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR).

Best Places to Pursue this course are:

Central Institute of Fisheries Education
Address: Panch Marg,Off Yari Road, Versova, Andheri West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400061
Phone: 022 2637 4306

Department of Aquatic Biology and fisheries
Address: University of Kerala, Karyavattom,
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695581
Phone:0471 230 8131

Cochin University of Science and Technology
Address: Thrikkakara, South Kalamassery, Kochi,
Kerala 682022
Phone: 0484 257 7550

Central Marine fisheries Research Institute
Address: Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Abraham Madamakkal Rd, Ayyappankavu,
Ernakulam, Kerala 682018
Phone: 0484 239 4357

Some of the job opportunities in the Government sector are as follows:

** Assistant Director in State Fisheries Department

** Research Assistance in State Fisheries Department

** Fisheries Inspector

** National Parks etc

Private sector jobs includes:

** Aquaculture Farms

** Quality Central Labs

** Fish Processing Industries

** Veterinary Hospitals

** Animal Husbandry etc.

The pay varies according to the type of job and specialization of the candidate so one can start with a salary of Rs 12,000- 15,000.

Last edited by sarita46; 25th April 2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Missed some of the points
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?