19th May 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study LLB for a 12th Art student?

Hello,
I am a student of class 12 and I have opted Art stream. Can I do LLB after completing my 12th? Kindly tell me if it is possible for me. Thank you!

Related Questions:
21st May 2016, 11:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study LLB for a 12th Art student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am a student of class 12 and I have opted Art stream. Can I do LLB after completing my 12th? Kindly tell me if it is possible for me. Thank you!
You have completed 12th standard with Arts stream, so you are eligible for LLB course. CLAT exam is conducted for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for LLB course.

There are no age criteria.
21st May 2016, 10:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible for you to pursue LLB after successful completion of 12th Class. The basic educational qualification required for doing LLB through CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test) is given below.

>> For Under Graduate Program (LLB):

* Candidates must have passed 12th Class in any stream in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

* The minimum percentage required in 12th Class for General Category candidates is "45% marks" and 40% marks for SC/ ST Candidates.

* The maximum age must not exceed 20 years in order to be eligible for appear in CLAT Entrance Examination.

* Yes, you are eligible to appear in CLAT Examination with Arts stream in 12th Class and you will be given seats based on the CLAT score in top law colleges.
21st May 2016, 11:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and as the name suggests it is bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

Basically, LLB courses are available in two types on the basis of duration of course and the educational qualification of the applicant which as discussed as below :-

i) LLB course of 5 years, for students opting the same course just after completing their higher secondary school degree course i.e; Class 12th with any stream.

ii) LLB course of 3 years, for students opting the same course after completing their bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a 12th passed arts stream student, it is quite evident from the above criteria that you are eligible for LLB course of 5 years. Also for opting the same course from National Law Universities( NLUs) of India to enjoy quality education you need to clear CLAT.

--> CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and the eligibility criteria required for same are as given below :-

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST & PH candidates, marks relaxation of 5% is applicable ) from a recognized institute.

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 20 years ( in case of SC/ST & PH candidates it must be under 22 years).

For more detailed information regarding CLAT, you can refer to the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
22nd May 2016, 01:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is very much possible to study LLB for a 12th arts student. Provided you should have completed your graduation in any stream with a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

After that you will have to appear for CLAT entrance examination which is the gateway to LLB course. You should however try to score well in your examination in order to get admission in any good college.
26th May 2016, 04:00 PM
Adhayay

Yes, you are eligible to do LLB Cource as you have completed your 12th standard with arts stream. To do LLB coarce yotj have to give CLAT(common law aptitute test) exam. After craking CLAT successfully you can do LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?