25th May 2016, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh being a B.Sc(Microbiology & Chemistry) graduate?

Sir,
I have passed B.Sc final year with Microbiology and Chemistry. So I want to ask you that whether I am eligible to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh? What is the eligibility criteria of becoming a High School Teacher?

26th May 2016, 08:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh being a B.Sc(Microbiology & Chemistry) graduate?

Most of the schools will ask for B.Ed qualification for high school teaching job. Only private schools can give you job in case of lack of staff in rural area schools.

For government schools B.Ed with TET is the main requirement for permanent teaching job. Therefore, you can apply for only contractual jobs which arise due to lack of teaching staff based on your qualification.
26th May 2016, 10:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh being a B.Sc(Microbiology & Chemistry) graduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to become a High School Teacher in Uttar Pradesh:

No, you are not eligible to apply for High School Teacher recruitment. The basic educational qualification required for the post of High School Teacher is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university along with the B.Ed degree. Besides having this criteria, candidates who have work experience would be given priority. As you have just passed Bachelor Degree and not done with the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this recruitment. If you are willing to work, then I suggest you to apply for the recruitment for which the minimum qualification required is Graduate Degree.
27th May 2016, 01:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can become a High school Teacher only if you have a PG qualification with B.Ed degree along from a recognized University.

After acquiring the above mentioned qualifications, you will have to appear for TET examination and after successfully clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to opt for High School Teacher post in UP.
27th May 2016, 06:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible at this situation to become a High School Teacher after completing B.Sc Graduation. You must have at least B.Ed qualification for a Teaching job.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in the Graduation level.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with at least 3 years of teaching experience.
11th April 2017, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I completed msc Microbiology and bed than i am eligible for lecturer or not in government school and which subject choosen by me for lecturer post zoology and botany
30th July 2017, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Am l eligible to become a high school teacher in kerala after completing bsc microbiology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?