25th May 2016, 11:57 PM
Anurag nigam

What is the procedure followed to get admission in Indian government engineering colleges after completion of 12th from Nepal?

I am a citizen of Nepal and i have just given my 12th exams so please tell me the whole procedure to get admission in India reputed government engineering colleges such as NITS and others? Who can provide me the answer soon? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission for MBBS in Indian colleges after completion of 12th in Nepal with 74.4% marks?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for government job after completion of 12th from Nepal?
  3. Can Indian students do 12th from Nepal? Will they be considered NRI after 12th completion?
  4. Should I take admission in Nepal after completing 12th for Pharmacy or Biotech considering I am a Nepal Citizen?
  5. Procedure to join MBBS in Government Medical College after completion of 12th Class from Kanpur?
  6. How to join engineering college in India? I am a student of Nepal Engineering college
  7. How to join Indian Officer after completing 12th from Nepal
  8. Is it possible to get job in India after studying 12th from Nepal?
  9. How to become an Engineer after the completion of 12th? Admission Procedure for Engineering course? Fee structure for this course?
  10. Will I get Bank educational loan if I am from Nepal but have Indian citizenship?
  11. Is the MDS degree form Nepal valid in India? Can I apply for Government sector after degree in Nepal?
  12. Procedure to get admission for BE in Civil Engineering after completion of 12th Science from RBSE with 81%? When can I get admission for this course?
  13. Admission in IIT colleges after passing 10th from Nepal Board? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Admission in genetic engineering college in India after passing PCB and Maths? What is the procedure for it?
  15. Can I join Tribhuban University in Nepal after passing 12th from NIOS?
  16. What should I fill up Indian or Nepali for admission in NIT if studied in India and having a citizenship of Nepal? Does the fee and admission procedure differ for Nepali student?
  17. Number of entrance exams held in a year in Indian Embassy in Nepal to get admission in engineering colleges of India for Nepali student
  18. List of top colleges offering MBBS in Nepal
30th December 2016, 10:17 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get admission in Indian government engineering colleges after completion of 12th from Nepal?

The very first thing I would like to let you know that being a foreign candidate to be eligible for admission in any university of India you need to have the certificate of OCIs ( Overseas Citizen of India or NRIs ( National Resident of India ).

Further to take admission in Indian government engineering colleges i.e; CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. you need to qualify JEE held by CBSE.

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination which is held once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

-->The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in JEE are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board. But for admission in CFTIs your aggregate must be at least 75%.

For more details and updates about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?