30th May 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

How to become and IPS officer? What are the steps I need to follow for the same?

How to become and IPS officer? What are the steps I need to follow for the same? It will be easy for me if you can provide me the details on the same? Please guide me with the information soon as possible. Hoping to get soon.

30th May 2016, 06:29 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become and IPS officer? What are the steps I need to follow for the same?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. This comes under Civil Services of India. Given below are steps to clear this exam.

Step I: Complete your bachelor's degree and attain minimum 21 years of age to apply for Civil Services examination.

Step II: Appear for different stages of Civil Services examination and clear all stages of this exam like Preliminary, Main exam and interview.

Step III: After results, if you are within ranks alloted for IPS, you will become IPS officer.

Though these steps seem very simple, it is one of the toughest examination of Indian which requires hard work along with strong determination and dedication for your goal.
30th May 2016, 07:12 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become and IPS officer? What are the steps I need to follow for the same?

IPS is one of the most preferable service among graduates. Selection of IPS officer is done through Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree or studying in final year of graduation can apply for this exam. The minimum age for this exam is 21 years and upper age limit is 32 years and relaxation applicable to reserve category candidates.

If you are satisfying eligibility criteria, you can apply for Civil Services exam and pass in all stages like Preliminary, Mains exam and interview to become IPS officer.
30th May 2016, 08:02 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One needs to first complete their graduation and then appear and clear the civil services exam to become and IPS officer.

UPSC conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Selection of candidates depend on their performance in following stages of Civil Services exam :

* Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),

* Mains Examination (Conventional Type),

* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.
30th May 2016, 10:31 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service. For final recruitment you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates have to qualify in each stage to qualify for next stage. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2016, 01:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. To become an IPS officer, you must have to appear in IPS examination.

Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examinaton. Eligibility criteria that you need to satisfy to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

>> You must be a citizen of India.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

>> The minimum age required to appear in IPS examination is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

There are three rounds in IPS selection. They are Prelminary examination, Main examination and Personal Interview.

By qualifying all thr rounds of the examination, you will be selected as an IPS officer.
30th May 2016, 01:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to become IPS officer is by completion of Graduation from a recognized university.

The selection procedure would be
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Civil Services exam will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Required age for the candidates is
For General category :21-32 years
For OBC category : 21-35 years
For SC/ST category : 21-37 years

In addition, the nationality of the candidate should be India.

There will be limit on the number of attempts for this exam. Maximum of 6 attempts for General category, 9 attempts for OBC category and no limit on number of attempts for SC/ST category.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification and your age.

If you are pursuing Graduation or about to join Graduation, then you start the preparation for this exam immediately.

Civil Services is one of the toughest exam in India with huge competition.

Get the syllabus and the study materials for the written exam and spend few hours of your time in a day to prepare for this Exam and gradually increase your number of hours of preparation. It would give you better results.
30th May 2016, 04:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become and IPS officer? What are the steps I need to follow for the same? It will be easy for me if you can provide me the details on the same? Please guide me with the information soon as possible. Hoping to get soon.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. It is a civil service examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The preliminary exam took place in the month of May and Main Exam will take place in the month of December this year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Citizenship: You need to be a citizen of India.

Qualification: You need to have a graduate degree. The degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Age Criteria: The minimum age limit is 21 years old. It is applicable on all categories. For general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years.

Age Relaxation:
  • SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  • OBC Candidates: 3 years
  • Defense Personnel: 3 years
  • Ex-Servicemen: 5 years
The Civil Services Exam is a paper based test and consists of the following successive stages:
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Main Examination
  • Interview Session
Physical Standard:-

A. Height:-
Male: 165 cm
Female: 150 cm

B. Chest:-
Male: Minimum 84 cm. (Expansion 5 cm.)
Female: Min 79 cm (Expansion 5 cm.)

C. Eye sight:-

Good Eye:- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
Worst Eye:- 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

For more information please log onto this website: www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2016, 05:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can become Indian Police Service Officer by clearing all levels of Civil Services examination. First level is Preliminary stage followed by Mains stage and last stage is interview and after which a rank list is prepared and those who are top list are selected for IAS and IPS.

Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination. General candidates have age limit of 21-32 years with upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates. Deadlines for applying for Civil Services exam 2016 is over, you can apply next year.
31st May 2016, 12:44 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer which is one of the highest post in the administrative field one has to clear Civil Services examination with good rank.

Civil Services examination are held once every year by Union Public Service Commission and is known to one of the toughest examination with very percentage of selection rate.

>>> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as following :-

--> You must have the citizenship of India.

--> You must have completed your graduation degree course with any subject of your interest from a recognized university.

--> Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to open category otherwise age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are applicable for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates respectively.

For more details about the Civil Services examination, visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2016, 01:22 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I appreciate your willingness to become an IPS officer in future. For this you have to clear the UPSC Civil Services Exam. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts this exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officer etc. Following are the details for this exam:

Eligibility: The student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university.

Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit will be provided for reserved category students.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

Steps you have to follow for this:

--Firstly fill the UPSC Civil Services exam. Then you have to take the preliminary exam whose admit card is downloaded from the UPSC website.

--When you clear the preliminary exam (UPSC CSAT). Then you have to appear in the Mains exam.

--After qualifying in Mains Exam, you have to attend the interview which is the last stage of selection procedure.

**In my opinion, you have to start your preparation as it is one of the toughest exams in India. If you still have any doubt then you can go through the detailed notification for Civil services.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 27 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?