2nd June 2016, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Com if studied 12th Arts along with Economics as one of the main subjects?

I have completed my 12th with Arts stream. My subjects were Economics, English, Hindi, Computer and Mass Communication. I want to get admission in B.Com course in any good college. Therefore, can anyone please let me know that am I eligible for it. Kindly, reply at the earliest.

2nd June 2016, 06:27 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Com if studied 12th Arts along with Economics as one of the main subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th with Arts stream. My subjects were Economics, English, Hindi, Computer and Mass Communication. I want to get admission in B.Com course in any good college. Therefore, can anyone please let me know that am I eligible for it. Kindly, reply at the earliest.

Yes, you can do B.Com with 12th arts along with economics as one of the subjects.
The eligibility to study the B.Com is a pass in 10+2 from a recognised board with science, arts or commerce stream. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges in India.
The course is useful for those who want to pursue their career in the accounts line or finance line. You can also study CA or ACS or ICWA courses after B.Com or along with B.Com. The scope for the course is very high.
2nd June 2016, 08:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Com if studied 12th Arts along with Economics as one of the main subjects?

For B.Com admission you should study commerce stream at class 12th which includes subject like accountancy. Merely studying economics will not help you to get admission.

You can only opt for B.A in any arts subject now based on your class 12th stream.
2nd June 2016, 08:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Com course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Com course. Since, there is no state level entrance examination conducted for admission to B.Com course, most of the colleges offer admissions on the basis of 12th standard examination marks or by conducting their own entrance examination.
3rd June 2016, 01:01 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.Com after completing 12th standard in Arts stream. Any faculty students are eligible to apply. But, first preference will be given to Commerce stream and those who studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level. B.Com course focuses on the various specializations such as, of Accounting, Financial planning, Economic theory etc. The duration of the course may differ from college to college minimum three years and Maximum four years.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The student should have passed Plus two or its equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board. No entrance test is required.

- The admission will be based on the Plus two board exam score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?