2nd June 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?

Which is the best stream to go after 10th i.e. Arts / Commerce / Science, if I want to pursue my career in Hotel Management after 12th? Do I need to specialize in any particular subject that will help in building my career in the field of Hotel Management ?

2nd June 2016, 11:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?

To pursue a degree course in Hotel Management after completion of your 12th. You must have passed 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories. After completion of 12th you will have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by top universities. Admission is given on the basis of rank obtain in the merit list.
3rd June 2016, 02:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such specialization required in any field in order to opt for Hotel Management course. You can be from Science, Commerce or Arts and after completion of your 12th boards, you can very much opt to get admission in Hotel management course.

Therefore, you need not worry about it and should just continue with your studies further.
3rd June 2016, 01:46 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is the best stream to go after 10th i.e. Arts / Commerce / Science, if I want to pursue my career in Hotel Management after 12th? Do I need to specialize in any particular subject that will help in building my career in the field of Hotel Management ?

The aspirant can choose arts stream in 12th standard to study Hotel Management graduation. You can choose arts stream in 12th standard and after this you can study Bachelor of Hotel Management course. The duration of the course is 4 years. The course is available in Manipal University, the website link is Official Website
You can also choose B.A in Hospitality Management course. The duration of the course is 3 years. These two are the best courses for the hotel management aspirant.
3rd June 2016, 10:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For hotel management course any stream students are eligible to apply. Hence, opt for any stream which suits you. Admission is based on the performance in entrance exam which is conducted by the concerned institute or university.

You can appear for IHM JEE for admission in top institutes. Seats are allotted through counselling based on rank.
4th June 2016, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
You can select any faculty as you wish. Any stream students you are eligible to apply for Hotel Management course, However, prefer commerce or Arts stream at 11th and 12th standard. The minimum educational qualification needed to pursue BA in Hotel Management is 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
13th April 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

After completing my Graduation by BA ,Can i select the course of hotel management.I m so much interested in this career, please help me
14th April 2017, 12:53 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
After completing my Graduation by BA ,Can i select the course of hotel management.I m so much interested in this career, please help me
Hotel management is one of the most promising career among youth. It provides wide range of career opportunity all over the world. Hospitality, creating a warm, healthy & hygienic environment are the basics of this field.
After completing 12th you can appear for B.Sc in hotel management & hospitality. It's duration is 3 years.
You can also pursue hotel management after graduation whose duration is 2 years.
For further inquiry name of some institute for hotel management in delhi are given below.
You can visit these institutes.
~ Delhi institute of hotel management & catering
~ IHM Pusa
~ IHM
~ The hotel school
~ School of hospitality & tourism
~ AIHM
~ AIHM School of hotel management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?