7th June 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Why Banks adjoin co-applicant under Education Loan Scheme?

My son want to study MBBS. The total costing of his MBBS would be Rs. 12 Lacs. So, I am worried as I don’t have that much money to expense on my son’s education. I have tried to get the information of Bank Education Loan. But apart from applicant, a co-applicant is necessary. Can you tell me why Bank has adjoint co-applicant under an Education Loan Scheme?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of eligibility banks have sets for co-applicant under an Education Loan Scheme? -- [New]
  2. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
  3. How can I compare an education loan scheme of different banks?
  4. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  5. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  6. List of Banks offering an Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs with lowest interest rates to study MBA?
  7. Schemes provided by Banks for Education Loan to study in B.Tech?
  8. Nationalized Banks Education Loan schemes to study B.Tech in UK?
  9. Can I get an Education Loan to study Diploma IT course? List of Banks offering an Education Loan for such course?
  10. Can I become a co-applicant against an Education Loan for my brother's education?
  11. Names of banks which provide education loan to pursue CA course?
  12. Education Loan scheme for a candidate whose father's Income is Rs. 3.46 Lacs per annum? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Detailed information about subsidy scheme of Bank Education Loan?
  14. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 24 Lacs to study MS in Germany?
  15. Is it possible to split amount of an Education Loan by applying in 2 Banks without mortgaging property?
  16. Financial assistance to complete BE course? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of Banks offering an Education Loan with best interest rate & processing scheme to study MBBS in United States?
  18. Whether all Banks will offer me Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs to study B.Tech? What are the terms of an Education Loan?
7th June 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Banks adjoin co-applicant under Education Loan Scheme?

The main reason for banks adjoin the Co-applicant under Education Loan Scheme is that if in case, the applicant is not able to repay the Education loan, the loan amount will be recovered from the Co-Applicant. Co-Applicants can be Parents/ Guardians, for married people co-applicant can be spouse or parents/parents-in-law. The Co-Applicant will have the same responsibility as the applicant has to repay the Education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?