7th June 2016, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do any short term technical course to become a Software Engineer for CSE student? Skills required to become a Software Engineer?

Dear Sir, I am studying B.E./B.Tech in CSE stream. After completing my Graduation, I want to become a Software Engineer. Can you help me to know that what skills are required to become a Software Engineer? After completing my Graduation, I have to do any extra short term technical course to become a Software Engineer?

9th June 2016, 09:33 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Is it necessary to do any short term technical course to become a Software Engineer for CSE student? Skills required to become a Software Engineer?

I am mentioning below the skills that are required to become a Software Engineer:

1. You must have the knowledge of the following programming language;

a. C
b. C++
c. java
d. SQL

2. You must have good knowledge of your core subjects.
3. You must have knowledge of the operating System.
4. You must have the knowledge of the Linux operating System.
5. You must sound technically, when you talk.
6. You must have the knowledge of the Networking.

After all of the above, you must be a good learner than a good engineer.
If you have the ability to learn any thing faster then you will be hired by most of the employer.
10th June 2016, 03:55 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do any short term technical course to become a Software Engineer for CSE student? Skills required to become a Software Engineer?

No, you need not do any additional course apart from your current studies. However, if you wish you can opt for various short term courses such as Advanced Java, C, C++, etc.

These are all programming courses, however even without doing it you can get knowledge about software and programming if you join a software company in future, as they provide you the details during the training period and after that you can continue with your work in the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?