9th June 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Why most of the universities in India doesn’t offer PhD in Human Development? Is it unworthy?

I have done M.A. in Home Science in specialization of Human Development from Calcutta University. I wish to do PhD in Human Development but Calcutta University is offering very few seat.After searching across the nation, I came to know that most of the Indian universities doesn’t offer PhD program in Human Development domain. Why this is so? Is it unworthy to do PhD in Human Development or students are not interested?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering PhD in Human Resource Development? When these universities will conduct their exam?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD in Sustainable Development program in India
  3. Universities that offer scholarship to Indian students to do Ph.D?
  4. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  5. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  6. How can I do PhD in Dentistry after completing BDS in India? List of universities which offer PhD in Dentistry in India?
  7. What kind of Research project is appointed during PhD(Human Development) in Calcutta University? Advantages of doing this PhD? -- [New]
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Pharmaceutics in India?
  9. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  10. List of reputed universities which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India?
  11. Universities offering correspondence PhD in Human Resource in India? Procedure to get admission?
  12. List of universities offering PhD in Human Genetics at U.S.A.?
  13. Detailed list of universities which offer PhD in Psychology in India?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD in Geology program in India
  15. How may I do my Ph.D in Germany or Switzerland? I've completed M.Sc in Microbiology and 2 years experience in Research and Development
  16. Universities which offer scholarships for Ph.D degree? Eligibility criteria and selection pattern? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Detailed information about PhD in Human Development & Family Study for M.Sc(Home Science) student?
  18. List of universities which offer correspondence PhD in Urdu in India?
17th June 2016, 11:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why most of the universities in India doesn’t offer PhD in Human Development? Is it unworthy?

Normally, courses are offered according to their popularity. Probably students are not interested in this field which is the reason it is not taught by many universities.

Might be lack of faculty for this particular stream also the reason. You can go for admission at any university which offers this programme through entrance exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?