10th June 2016, 01:16 PM
tanishachaudhary

Am I eligible to change my stream in college after completion of 12th standard?

If i studied commerce without maths in 11th and 12th and passed in it can i change my stream in college to study arts and became fashion designer? Can i? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? Awaiting for the response.

10th June 2016, 04:33 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to change my stream in college after completion of 12th standard?

Yes, you change to another stream to pursue your Graduation course after completion of your 12th standard in a particular stream. But, this is not possible for every candidate to change stream for pursuing Graduation course after completion of 12th standard.

For example, if you have completed 12th standard with Commerce stream and interested to pursue your Graduation in Arts stream, you can pursue as the candidates who have completed in 12th standard in any stream are eligible to pursue Arts stream. But, if you are interested to pursue your Graduation in Engineering course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream, you are not eligible as only candidates who have passed 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream are eligible to pursue Engineering course.

To be eligible to pursue Graduation in Arts stream, the candidate must have passed 12th standard in any discipline from a Government recognised Board. Since, you have passed your 12th standard with Commerce stream from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to pursue your Graduation in Arts stream.
10th June 2016, 04:50 PM

Smile Re: Am I eligible to change my stream in college after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanishachaudhary View Post
If i studied commerce without maths in 11th and 12th and passed in it can i change my stream in college to study arts and became fashion designer? Can i? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? Awaiting for the response.
Yes you can change your steam
Because during the admission in under graduate there will be your choice and that time maths etc these are not affect your steam
10th June 2016, 06:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to change my stream in college after completion of 12th standard?

Yes definitely you can change your stream to arts stream if you have passed your 11th and 12th from commerce stream. As you are interested to become fashion designer so I would like to suggest you to appear in NIFT entrance exam in order to pursue 4 year degree in fashion in a good reputed Institute of Fashion Technology.
10th June 2016, 10:16 PM
vickyhansi

You can change stream in college after completion of 12th standard.

As you studies commerce without math, therefore you are eligible for Graduation in Arts.

You can become Fashion Designer based on this qualification.

There are various course in Fashion Designing after 12th standard:

Bachelor degree in Fashion Design

B.Sc in Fashion Design

Diploma in Fashion Design
10th June 2016, 11:04 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to change stream after 10+2. Candidates passed 10+2 with science stream are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Arts.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.A course in any recognised university. For more information about admission procedure visit at the official website of university.
11th June 2016, 06:04 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can change your stream to Arts stream if you have passed your 11th and 12th from commerce stream.

As you are interested to become a Fashion designing course, there are various courses in Fashion designing after 12th standard.

Bachelor degree in Fashion Design

B.Sc in Fashion design

Diploma in Fashion Design
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?