15th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Medical entrance exam for 12th PCM candidates from RBSE Board?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th Class with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects from RBSE board. Do I need to pursue only Biology course additionally in order to be eligible for appearing in Medical Entrance Examinations?

15th June 2016, 07:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Medical entrance exam for 12th PCM candidates from RBSE Board?

No, being a 12th standard Non-Medical Science stream candidate, you are not eligible to appear in Medical entrance examination. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in Medical entrance examination. So, even if you Biology course independently as not part of your 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in Medical entrance examination.
15th June 2016, 08:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Medical entrance exam for 12th PCM candidates from RBSE Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th Class with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects from RBSE board. Do I need to pursue only Biology course additionally in order to be eligible for appearing in Medical Entrance Examinations?
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized University are eligible for Medical Entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
15th June 2016, 09:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for Medical entrance examination held for admission in under graduate medical courses like MBBS / BDS you are required to have a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate overall ( in case of few entrance examination it must be at least 60% ) from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCM group you are neither allowed to appear in any medical entrance examination nor pursue in medical course too.

Now as you have mentioned that you are interested in doing medical course then you will have to first reappear in your board examination with Biology as your one of the main subjects.
15th June 2016, 09:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for medical entrance exam if you haven't studied biology at class 12th level. PCM is not the required stream to appear for it.
You need to have PCB or PCMB combination to become eligible for medical entrance exam in India.
15th June 2016, 11:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, without having biology as main paper in 10+2 board examination you are not eligible to appear for medical entrance examination.

So, after pursuing 10+2 with science stream you are not eligible to appear for medical entrance examination.

Now, you can't appear for entrance examination for admission in MBBS, BHMS, BDS and other medical courses.
16th June 2016, 12:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed your 12th class with PCM then you are not eligible for medical entrance exam. Now you are eligible for JEE main exam for engineering courses. For appearing in medical entrance exam, you must have biology as one of the main subject in your intermediate exams. You are not allowed for any additional biology course after completion of your 12th class.
16th June 2016, 12:15 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To appear in medical entrance examination, basic criteria needed is that the student must have passed 12th board examination from a recognized board or appeared in the year of examination in science stream with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The students can have Mathematics as extra subject in 12th but without Biology in 12th no student can appear in medical entrance examination of any college or university.
Since, you have completed 12th board examination from RBSE in PCM group, so, you should set your goal towards engineering or other PCM based courses not in medical.
16th June 2016, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility to appear in Medical entrance exam:

The applicant must complete 12th standard in science stream with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.

The applicant must complete the age of 17 years but not crossed the age of 25 years.
16th June 2016, 02:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot opt for Biology as an individual subject as there is no provision for it. If you haven't opted for Biology as a subject in your +2 level, then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for medical entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?