16th June 2016, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) after 3 year Diploma Course?

Hello sir, I am a Diploma holder. Can I get admission in IIT after completion of 3 year Diploma course? Which Entrance Examination should I appear in to get admission in IIT after Diploma? Please let me know as early as possible.

19th June 2016, 02:15 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) after 3 year Diploma Course?

No sir diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology. If you want to get admission in IIT then you need to complete 12th standard from Non-Medical stream from any recognized board.

After that you need to crack Entrance exam named IIT-JEE. As if you clarify this entrance exam then you need to compete in online counselling to get a seat. Once a seat is allotted to you in counselling then you just need to complete admission related formalities in college campus.
19th June 2016, 08:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) after 3 year Diploma Course?

Yes, you can get admission through entrance exam like JEE Main on the basis of diploma of 3 years duration in any engineering stream.

You have to crack JEE Main and then appear for JEE Advanced for getting admission in first year of the B.Tech course. There will be no lateral entry in 2nd year in IITs.
19th June 2016, 09:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am a Diploma holder. Can I get admission in IIT after completion of 3 year Diploma course? Which Entrance Examination should I appear in to get admission in IIT after Diploma? Please let me know as early as possible.
No, Diploma candidates are not eligible for IIT entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for IIT entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?