16th June 2016, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA after completing Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks?

Hi Sir, I have completed Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks, Can I get admission in 2nd year of BCA? Please answer.

Related Questions:
  1. How Much percentage is required for diploma in computer engineering?
  2. Will I get admission for 2nd year of BCA course by attempting the Entrance Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Technology?
  3. Is it possible for me to do BCA course after completion of diploma in Computer engineering?
  4. Cutoff marks for admission in direct 2nd year engineering in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA?
  7. Can I apply for admission in 2nd year Aeronautical Engineering after completing Polytechnic Diploma with 98% marks? -- [New]
  8. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year in mechanical engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
  9. can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech computer science after completing my first year BCA? Which exam should I write for admission in B.Tech 2nd year?
  10. Can I get admission directly in 2nd year of Computer Engineering after completing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  11. List of Gujarati Quota colleges of Engineering in Mumbai Where I can get admission in 2nd year after completing diploma(computer engineering)?
  12. How to get admission in computer engineering after scoring 63.48 in computer science diploma?
  13. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  14. Can I get lateral entry in B.Tech 2nd year after completing Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering?
  15. How to get admission in B.Coma after completing diploma computer engineering course from Technical Education Board Gujarat
  16. Can I get admission in 2nd year Engineering directly after completing Diploma course?
  17. Can I take admission for direct 2nd year electronics and telecommunication after completing computer tech diploma with 58.84 aggregate marks
  18. How to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year in PEC or Punjab University after completing diploma in Computer Engineering?
17th June 2016, 02:38 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA after completing Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks?

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Applications. It's a three years degree program. For getting direct admission in second year of BCA course, you must have passed intermediate with one year diploma course in computer application. You are not eligible for admission in second year of BCA only after completion of diploma course. Intermediate is compulsory for pursuing BCA.
17th June 2016, 12:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA after completing Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks?

No, it is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA course after completion of your Diploma in Computer Engineering course with an aggregate of 83% marks from a Government recognised board.

No Lateral entry admissions are offered in BCA course. Admissions are offered only to first year of BCA course in all the colleges. Candidates who have completed Higher Secondary course with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

Being a Diploma holder in Computer Engineering, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course. But, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.E or B.Tech Computer Engineering course through Lateral entry admission process after completion of your Diploma in Computer Engineering course.
18th June 2016, 01:21 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

No, you are not allowed for admission in second year of BCA after qualifying the diploma course in computer engineering. You can get admission in second year of B.tech after completion of your diploma course in any stream. BCA is already three year degree program. Your marks in diploma are good but you are nt eligible for admission in second year of BCA.
30th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA in other university after completing 1st year from different university?
28th September 2017, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I will completed 3 years diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering, I am elligeble to take admission in B.Sc (PCM)?
Please answer me.
8th June 2018, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 2 years of BCA in Gujarat, can I get admission in 3rd year BCA in Mumbai college?
29th December 2020, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed 1 year of b.a, and 1 year diploma in computer application, can I get admission in bca 2nd year.
30th December 2020, 12:21 PM
SHRESTHATHAKUR

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Applications. It's a three years degree program. For getting direct admission in second year of BCA course, you must have passed intermediate with one year diploma course in computer application. You are not eligible for admission in second year of BCA only after completion of diploma course. Intermediate is compulsory for pursuing BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?