18th June 2016, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of fishery course after completion of 12th standard?

What is the scope of fishery course after completion of 12th standard? Can I take up the course or not? What is the procedure we need to follow for doing the course? What is the minimum qualification needed for the same? Please answer me.

Related Questions:
15th July 2016, 08:45 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of fishery course after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the scope of fishery course after completion of 12th standard? Can I take up the course or not? What is the procedure we need to follow for doing the course? What is the minimum qualification needed for the same? Please answer me.
If you are interested in aquatic life and want a career focusing on the same field may pursue this course. B.Sc in fishery is an job oriented course that offers numerous job opportunities in Government as well as Private sector. If you have passion for entrepreneurship then this degree will further boost your career.

B.Sc in fishery is an undergraduate course. Its duration is of four years which has been divided to 8 semesters. Each semester period lasts for six months.

To pursue this course you need to pass 12th standard board examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Also, to take part in the admission process, students must have appeared for state level entrance examination. After completing B.F.Sc you can do M.F.Sc.– Master of Fisheries Science.

Job Types Available:-
  • Fisheries Biologist
  • Fisheries Officer
  • Fishery Manager
  • Fishery technician
  • Fishery Observer
Following agencies also recruits fisheries graduates:-
  • Marine Product Export Development Authority (MPEDA)
  • Export Inspection Agency ( EIA)
  • Coastal Aquaculture Authority of India (CAA)
  • Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
  • Fisheries Survey of India (FSI)
  • National Institute of Oceanography(NIO)
Salary: Rs 2.5 – 3 Lac/Year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?