25th June 2016, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in LLB course for OBC student with 42% in 12th?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I belongs to OBC category and I want to study LLB course. But unfortunately I have only 42% in my 12th. So I will get admission in LLB?

25th June 2016, 06:53 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in LLB course for OBC student with 42% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I belongs to OBC category and I want to study LLB course. But unfortunately I have only 42% in my 12th. So I will get admission in LLB?
Sorry, it is not possible to get admission in 5 years Law Graduation course with 42% marks in 12th standard. The minimum marks eligibility is 45% in 12th standard. You have to appear for common law entrance test also for the admission to the course in some states. The duration of the course is 5 years after 12th standard. You can check the details in the websites of the law colleges given below;

- Government Law College, Mumbai - Official Website
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College of Law - Official Website
25th June 2016, 07:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in LLB course for OBC student with 42% in 12th?

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course after completing which you will head towards becoming a lawyer.

Basically, LLB courses are of two types on the basis of educational qualification of applicant and duration of course which are as discussed below :-

Type I -- LLB Course of three years, for students who opts for the same course after completing their graduation degree course from a recognized university.

Type II -- LLB course of five years, for students who opts for the same course after completing their higher secondary school degree course from a recognized board.

To get enrolled in the same course in the best law universities i.e; NLU ( National Law University ) you are required to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) and for appearing in the same your aggregate being a OBC or general candidate must be at least 45% aggregate.

So having managed only 42% you are not eligible seeking admission in good law university but if you are interested then you can look for private law colleges.
25th June 2016, 09:04 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It will difficult to get admission in LLB course with only 42% in 12th even being an OBC student. The minimum qualification required for OBC candidate is at least 45 % marks in 12th exam.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law.There are two ways to do LLB course. One is after 10+2 for Integrated LLB and another is after graduation for LLB.

You can try to get admission for LLB course after Graduation. For that, you have to secure at least 40% marks in your Bachelors degree.

One has to appear and clear CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course after Graduation :-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with at least 55% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate must have completed at least 17 years of age on the date of application and there is no upper age-limit for admission.
25th June 2016, 10:25 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> No you are not eligible to get admission in LLB course for OBC student with 42% in 12th.

>> For LLB course you have to pass 12th grade with minimum 50% marks from a well recognized university.
25th June 2016, 10:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the law entrance exam for LLB admission ask for 50% marks in class 12th. Hence, it will be difficult for you to get admission with the marks you have got.
Even after relaxation of 5% marks it will be difficult for you to become eligible for any LLB entrance exam in India.
26th June 2016, 12:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir/Madam,
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for LLB course.

There are no age criteria.
26th June 2016, 01:02 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir/Madam,
Sorry it is not possible for you to do LLB after completing 12th standard. One need to satisfy the below criteria to be eligible for LLB course,

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate has passed the Graduation in any discipline or its equivalent qualification with at least 50% Marks from a recognized university.

- The candidate will be selected based on the marks obtained in the CLAT exam.
26th June 2016, 04:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in LLB course with the marks you have scored as the minimum marks requirement to appear for CLAT examination is 50% marks for general and OBC category candidates and 45% for SC./ST candidates.

Therefore, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the examination.
10th March 2019, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam, My cousin wants to study LLB course.belongs to OBC and he got only 48% in 12th. is he will get admission in LLB? If yes means He is working in Navy now he wants To complete this 5 year course. Will you please tell me which Universities are offering this open LLB course and what is the age limit.which one best to pursue for his career.

Thank you sir/madam
14th March 2019, 11:04 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But if you have completed graduation then you are not eligible for CLAT.
A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university acoross the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the graduation and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC.
6th July 2022, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am in 2 Marks are 40.8% only i am eligible to LLB 5 years course in private law collage
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?