26th June 2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA worthy after B.Tech course or not? What should I do next after completion of B.Tech course?

Respected SIr/Mam..

I am pursuing B tech ... my question is whether i should do MBA or M Tech after i have completed my UG course?
please reply as soon as possible for this,......so that i can start my preparations for GATE or CAT ... thank you

27th June 2016, 08:35 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MBA worthy after B.Tech course or not? What should I do next after completion of B.Tech course?

It dependa on your future goal and your field of interest and comfort. Both MBA and M.tech are different courses and have different field of applications. There is ample scope after both these courses provided you excel in that field and pursue from a good institute. Thus, it is recommended to go for the one in which you are interested. However, if you compare both, it is true that MBA has larger job scope especially lucrative career options are more after MBA if you pursue from a good institute as compared to M.Tech course.

27th June 2016, 01:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MBA worthy after B.Tech course or not? What should I do next after completion of B.Tech course?

You should go for either of the course you are interested in and not just to follow the crowd. Make you own decision by looking for your interest in respective field.

If you are much of a tech guy or interested in technologies then I would suggest you to opt for M.Tech and if you wish to opt for management studies and wish to opt for those field, I would suggest you to opt for MBA. Now, it is up to you as to decide between he two and choose one according to your interest.

Both of the courses are reputed and have a great career opportunity head.

27th June 2016, 06:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected SIr/Mam..

I am pursuing B tech ... my question is whether i should do MBA or M Tech after i have completed my UG course?
please reply as soon as possible for this,......so that i can start my preparations for GATE or CAT ... thank you
Yes, MBA is a useful course after B.Tech course. The candidate can move towards management line after MBA. If you studied the course through a reputed Business School then you will get very good job opportunities. You have to appear for a common entrance test like CAT for the admission to MBA. If you studied the course in good institution, you can easily get a good job after the course. The salary and other remuneration are high for the MBA holders than a B.Tech holder. So you can choose MBA course after B.Tech.

27th June 2016, 10:09 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are pursuing B.Tech course and interested to know about the career options (whether MBA or M.Tech) after completion of degree course. This decision must be taken by you only.

>> In my opinion first of all you have to think about it. It means if your technical portion is strong and want to post graduation in technical field then you can go for M-Tech course. For this you need to qualify in GATE exam. After qualifying in the GATE exam you to fill the counseling form and then college is allotted to you as per your rank. You can take admission in some colleges such as BITS Pilani, IPU delhi etc through their entrance exams.

>>If you don’t have much interest in technical subjects then you can opt for MBA course. For this you have appear in different entrance exams such as CAT, XAT, CMAT etc. So in my opinion you have to firstly think about your interest areas and then go for that course.

27th June 2016, 10:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would like to suggest you to give the both exams for MBA as well as for Masters of Technology. But I will give more preference to Masters of Business Administration as it will be beneficial for you as a Bachelor of Technology student to get a job in reputed company. Generally companies prefer those students who have done MBA.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?