27th June 2016, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Admission procedure to study LLB on 12th basis? Date and time of application?

Hi Sir,
I want to study LLB course after my 12th which I am doing from Arts stream. What is admission procedure to join LLB course? And kindly let me know the application dates and time for getting admission? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure for admission in JBT Delhi? Is admission on the basis of 12th marks?
  2. What can I do to study LLB after 12th? Qualifications required for studying and syllabus of the exam? What kind of questions appear in LLB entrance? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure of admission in LLB course after graduation being a repeater in B.Com last year?
  4. Admission procedure to study correspondence LLB for a candidate who has secured 45% in B.A.?
  5. Is it necessary to study Graduation for doing LLB?
  6. Am I eligible to do LLB without graduation course?
  7. Can I study 5 years LLB Course in part time in Kerala having completed 12th? Fee structure for this course? Other important information related to this course?
  8. Can I pursue LLB after 12th with Medical Stream? Subjects enlisted in LLB?
  9. What is the procedure to study LLB after 12th? I am a student of class 12th
  10. Procedure to get admission in BA LLB or B.Com LLB course
  11. Eligibility of doing LLB after B.Com and application procedure for the same?
  12. Eligibility criteria for graduates in LLB course?
  13. Procedure of admission in JBT Delhi? Is admission on the basis of Entrance Test or Marks in 12th? Date of sale of admission form? From where to get the form? Where to submit the form?
  14. Procedure to take admission in LLB after graduation -- [New]
  15. Procedure for admission in JBT Delhi? Is there admission on the basis of 12th marks? Date of sale of forms and from where can I get the forms?
  16. Am I eligible to study LLB after completing 12th PCB? Procedure to apply?
  17. Possibility to get admission in LLB course for OBC student with 42% in 12th?
  18. Procedure to do LLB course in Correspondence? How to apply for this course? Fee structure and Duration for this course?
27th June 2016, 07:41 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study LLB on 12th basis? Date and time of application?

One can join LLB on 12th basis through CLAT.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . It is a national level entrance test for the admission to UG, PG and Integrated law courses.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CLAT :-

-The candidate should be an Indian citizen .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent degree with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST candidates) marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

-The candidate appearing for the 12th exam are also eligible to apply for the CLAT.

-The candidates passing the qualifying degree examination through supplementary/ compartment and repeated attempts are also eligible for appearing in the law exam.

-The candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2016 (22 years in case of SC/ST and PWD) .

CLAT for 2016 has already been over. So, you can apply for CLAT of the next year.

Important Dates for CLAT 2016 :-

Commencement of Submission of Online Application Form: 01st January 2016

Last Date for Submission of Dully Filled in Online Application Form: 31st March 2016 (11.59 PM)

Date of CLAT-2016 Online Exam: 08th May 2016 (03.00 PM to 05.00 PM)
27th June 2016, 10:20 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study LLB on 12th basis? Date and time of application?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in LLB course after pursuing 10+2 from Arts discipline.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law and it is five year duration course from any recognised university after 10+2. The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission and after qualifying in examination eligible for final admission in course.

The application and examination for admission in this academic year for most of university is over. The examination is mostly conducted in month of May.

So, you have to wait for next year to get admission in NLU'S, BHU or DU.
27th June 2016, 05:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is five year duration course after 10+2 and three year after bachelor degree.

Yes, you can appear for various entrance examination to get admission in LLB course.

Some of entrance examination are :-

CLAT.

BHU LAT.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that the candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board in any discipline.

The last date of filling the application form for the entrance examination is closed.
27th June 2016, 06:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law. The admission in best colleges for pursuing LLB course is given on basis of candidates's performance in Common Law Admission test. CLAT is the entrance test conducted by National Law university for candidates who want to do Bachelor's degree in law from top universities.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT examination is that candidate should have done senior secondary that is 10+2 from any recognized board. Minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 is 45% in order to apply for CLAT.

Date and time of application:

The important dates for this year exam and admission is already over. You will have to wait for CLAT 2017. The notification for CLAT 2017 is expected to be released in month of January, 2017 and examination is conducted in May. For any more details, you can visit official website of CLAT http://www.clat.ac.in.
27th June 2016, 11:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course after pursuing the same you will head towards becoming an advocate.

Generally, On the basis of duration of course and educational qualification of applicant LLB courses are offered in two types which are as discussed below :-

Type I ) LLB course of three years :- For students who are interested to do the same course after pursing their bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Type II) LLB course of five years :- For students who want to pursue the same course after their higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th you are eligible for pursuing the LLB course of five years. Also for pursuing the same course from any of the NLUs ( National Law Universities ) best known for law courses you are required to clear entrance examination called CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ).

CLAT is held once ever year in the month of May for which the application forms are made available for the first three months of the year on the official link of CLAT. So for more details and notifications regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in
27th June 2016, 11:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Admission in Bachelor of Law is done on basis of rank obtained in Common Law Admission Test. Eligibility criteria for CLAT is:

1.You must have minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 board exams.

2. Reserved category candidates get 5% relaxation in marks.

After obtaining a rank, you need to participate in counselling and then take admission in college according to your rank.

Admission forms are available in January every year. This year exam is conducted.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?