26th June 2016, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?

Dear Friends,
I have got 88.2% marks in 12th. I have 84% in Maths, 93% in English and 87% in Physics. I want to join Indian Air Force. So, I would like to know that with this percentage I can join Indian Air Force?

Related Questions:
27th June 2016, 06:25 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force with your percentage of marks in 12th through NDA exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam to join Indian Air Force :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : Unmarried male candidate only.

Edu. qualification : 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
27th June 2016, 10:06 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?

To join Air Force you have to qualify in NDA entrance examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

The application form for examination is released in month of January and July every year. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 12:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage criteria is required to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force, you must have to appear in NDA examination. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
27th June 2016, 02:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have got 88.2% marks in 12th. I have 84% in Maths, 93% in English and 87% in Physics. I want to join Indian Air Force. So, I would like to know that with this percentage I can join Indian Air Force?

Yes, of course you can join Indian Air Force wing through NDA Examination after completing 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subject. The National Defence Academy conducts examination for the recruitment to Air Force.

- The eligibility for the Air Force Wing through NDA is 12th pass with Physics and Mathematics as one of the subjects from a state education board or university.

- The age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years.

- The candidate must be Physically and Medically fit.

You can apply online for the examinations and the examinations conducted twice in a year.

Official website - UPSC
27th June 2016, 04:22 PM
ant man

Yes you can join Indian Airforce after completing 12th with PCM stream. You must appear for NDA exam which is conducted twice in a year. Even being in 12th also you can appear for NDA exam.

Eligibility for NDA :
1. Candidates must complete 12th with PCM course.
2. Only male candidates are eligible for appearing the exam.
3. The age of candidate must be minimum 16 1/2 years.
4. The candidate must not have crossed 19 years of age.

The NDA exam has three papers which is conducted in one day.
1. English
2. Maths
3. General knowledge
27th June 2016, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
As per your 12th standard subject combination, you can apply for Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
27th June 2016, 06:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force after 10+2 but for that you will have to pass the written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy Entrance examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission..

Eligibility criteria for NDA/NA exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Air Force, physics and mathematics is necessary and you have done 10+2 with these subjects, hence you are eligible for NDA to join Air force.

>>Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Marital status: only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.

Examination stages:

1. Written test: It consists of two papers, one from mathematics and other is General ability test.

2. Second stage for written test qualified candidates is Service Selection Board.
27th June 2016, 06:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates are not eligible to join Air Force only on 10+2 aggregate. To qualify for service candidates have to qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. In NDA examination only male candidates are eligible to appear.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 09:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force after 12th Class, you can join "National Defence Academy". So I suggest you to go through the educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination. The minimum educational qualification required is given below.

Minimum Qualification Required:

>> For Army Wing :-
12th Class pass of the 12th Class in 10+2 pattern of school education (or) its equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a university.

>> For Air Force, Naval Wings and Indian Naval Academy :-
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a state education board or a university.

>> So clearly we can say that, there is no such minimum percentage required in order to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination.
27th June 2016, 11:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely, having completed your Class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and English as main subjects in the same you are eligible for joining Indian Air force but for the same you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it has three wings which includes Indian Air force, Indian Army and Indian Navy.

Also for joining NDA, you need to clear NDA entrance examination which is being held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which involves Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> To be eligible for appearing in the same examination, the qualifications which you must possess apart from your educational qualification as specified are as :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2016, 12:08 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Defence Academy exam for joining Indian Air Force after 10+2 and this examination has following criteria:

1. Minimum academic qualification: 10+2.

2. For Indian Air Force, mathematics and physics is necessary in 10+2.

3. Age limit - 16.5-19.5 years.

4. Male who is not married is eligible to apply for this exam.

You can apply for NDA II, 2016 at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?