7th July 2016, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree? Can you please let me know what is the procedure followed for the same to get the admission next? I need to get the answer on this to proceed further. So, please help me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  3. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  4. Can I do PhD in Agriculture through GATE after completion of B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering)?
  5. Which one is better between BHMS and B.Ed or M.Sc and Ph.D?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Astrology after completion of ICAS course?
  7. Does Integrated PhD(Biological Science) of IISC include Master's Degree also? What kind of qualification and jobs I can get through this? Can I mention Doctor prefix to my name?
  8. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry? Syllabus of Ph.D in Chemistry?
  9. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  14. What should I do MA or M.Phil after BA in order to do PhD?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA with 76% marks?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA with 60% marks?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
8th July 2016, 12:20 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree?

No,you are not eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree.To do Ph.D. course you must have done Masters Degree in the relevant subject

Eligibility for Ph.D:::::::::::::>>>>

**Candidates must have done Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or any other stream with a good academic record from recognized University

**you have to passed an entrance examination NET organized by UGC

**You age should be Not more than 28 years as of year of admission.
8th July 2016, 02:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree? Can you please let me know what is the procedure followed for the same to get the admission next? I need to get the answer on this to proceed further. So, please help me soon.
No, after completion of B.A degree, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course.

So after completion of B.A degree, you can M.A course.

For Ph.D admission, you must have valid UGC NET score card.
9th July 2016, 12:30 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, you are not eligible to do PhD with BA degree qualification. A candidate who has passed a post graduate degree examination in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university is eligible to do PhD. The admission to the PhD program will be done on the basis of written test and interview. So you have to study
9th July 2016, 10:13 AM
onemdindus

Eligibility for Ph.D admission in India

You must have done post graduation from any of the recognised Indian institutions with atleast 55% aggregate marks.

There is no age limit criteria.

You can apply for UGC NET examination to apply for this course. UGC NET stands for university grants commission national eligibility test. It is conducted twice in a year.Through this examination, you can apply for Junior research fellowship programme also.

So, you must complete post graduation and then apply for PhD course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?