21st July 2016, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I do petroleum or electronics communication for masters for B.Tech in electronics and communication in graduation?

I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from NIT srinagar. is it a good option now to chose petroleum engineering for masters over Electronics related fields to enter the good package offering oil sector? how about doing the same from Saudi arabia because there oil sector in a major one, so good chances of getting a job there just after completion of masters?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do masters in US from electronics and communication? I am an average student and have done B.E in electronics and communication
  2. Which are the best universities for doing Masters in Electronics And Communication Engineering in Germany?
  3. How to go abroad for masters? I am a B.Tech electronics and communication
  4. Which masters course I can take next after completion of Electronics and Communications engineering?
  5. How to do masters in Gulf counties like Saudi Arabia, Qatar? I have done B.tech in Electronics and communication
  6. Which field is better for Masters in USA regarding Electronics?
  7. How to join the Indian Police after B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Course for Masters program in Electronics & Communication engineering?
  9. How to become an electronics engineer after passing B.Tech electronics and communication?
  10. Which is the best country to do masters in electronics and communication?
  11. Can I do masters in mechatronics after graduating in electronics and communication
  12. Can I join Airforce after doing Civil Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to join for Architecture course? I am an Electronics and communication engineering student
  14. Which masters course should I choose after B.E Electronics and Communication so as to enter space technology field? Are the courses offered in European Universities?
  15. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  16. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard?
  17. Am I eligible to do masters in fashion designing after completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  18. Career options in core electronics? I have finished my graduation in electronics and communication
21st July 2016, 01:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do petroleum or electronics communication for masters for B.Tech in electronics and communication in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from NIT srinagar. is it a good option now to chose petroleum engineering for masters over Electronics related fields to enter the good package offering oil sector? how about doing the same from Saudi arabia because there oil sector in a major one, so good chances of getting a job there just after completion of masters?
You have done B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from NIT Srinagar, So you are not eligible for Masters in Petroleum Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E degree from a recognized University with Petroleum Engineering are eligible for Masters in Petroleum Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
21st July 2016, 11:17 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do petroleum or electronics communication for masters for B.Tech in electronics and communication in graduation?

It depends solely on your interest that what you want to do.

If you have interest in the subjects related to petroleum, then you may go for that.

As far as jobs are concerned, there would not be any big impact as the Oil companies take the electronics graduates at par with the Petroleum graduates.

So, there would be no much effect due to that.
22nd July 2016, 03:16 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yeas, you can opt for it if you are interested in the field and it will be a good idea if you opt for it from abroad if you are interested in it. You should look for your interest and then go for it.

In Saudi Arabia if you opt for the course you wish to, I am sure you will be able to avail good job post over there and have a great career ahead.
22nd July 2016, 12:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue your Master's in Petroleum Engineering after completion of your B.Tech course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Only candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree in any of the following streams are eligible to pursue Master's in Petroleum Engineering course :-

--> Petroleum Engineering
--> Chemical Engineering
--> Mechanical Engineering
--> Production Engineering
--> Instrumentation and control Engineering
--> Industrial Engineering

Since, you have passed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, you are eligible to pursue Master's in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?