22nd July 2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Is maths compulsory for admission in B.Com (hons) at DU?

Is it compulsory to add maths in best of four for B.Com (hons) admission at DU. I have maths in class 12th but I got less marks in it in comparison to other subjects.

23rd July 2016, 12:32 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is maths compulsory for admission in B.Com (hons) at DU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it compulsory to add maths in best of four for B.Com (hons) admission at DU. I have maths in class 12th but I got less marks in it in comparison to other subjects.
Yes, of course mathematics subject is mandatory to study B.Com Hons through Delhi University. Those who have not studied Mathematics are not eligible for B.Com Hons. Please, refer the official website of the Delhi University for more Information.

Delhi University.
23rd July 2016, 10:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, mathematics is not compulsory to get admission in B.Com course in Delhi University.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Commerce from a recognized board are eligible to get admission in B.Com course.

Your age should be above 16 years.
23rd July 2016, 12:44 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, it is not at all compulsory to have math in 12th to go for BCom (Hons.).

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UGC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed 12th through any stream under the scheme of 10+2 at least form a recognized board.

* The candidate should be of 17 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the BCom (Hons.).
23rd July 2016, 07:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for DU B.Com (Hons.) Admission :-

-All elective subjects in CBSE curriculum which are regarded as Honours course by the university will be accepted in the best of four as academic subjects without any disadvantage.

-The students who will be applying for Honours course in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics need only to pass in Mathematics in Class 12.

-Minimum Percentage of Marks required for DU B.Com (Hons.) Admissions is 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. The merit will be determined on the basis of one language and three best elective subjects.
23rd July 2016, 07:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for DU B.Com (Hons.) Admission :-

-All elective subjects in CBSE curriculum which are regarded as Honours course by the university will be accepted in the best of four as academic subjects without any disadvantage.

-The students who will be applying for Honours course in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics need only to pass in Mathematics in Class 12.

-Minimum Percentage of Marks required for DU B.Com (Hons.) Admissions is 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. The merit will be determined on the basis of one language and three best elective subjects.
23rd July 2016, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is compulsory to add Mathematics subject to best of four for B.Com (Hons.) admission in Delhi University.

To get admission in B.Com (Hons.) course in Delhi University, you must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics and an aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.

Admissions in B.Com (Hons.) course at Delhi University are strictly offered on basis of merit, which will be determined on the basis of one language, mathematics subject and two best elective subjects.
23rd July 2016, 10:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, maths is compulsory for B.Com (hons) at DU. This year has been announced that maths will be compulsory for admission and cut off will depend on the marks in best of four subjects in class 12th.

Hence, just make sure that you have studied maths before applying for admission.
24th July 2016, 02:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should have studied mathematics at your +2 level of education and should have scored a minimum of 50% in it in order to be eligible to apply for admission in the above mentioned course in the above mentioned University.
25th February 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

For example I get less Mark in math and another 4 subject I already to score good marks.
Can du will provide b.comh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?