23rd July 2016, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IAS exam after completion of IT Vocational course?

I am doing Vocational course in IT stream. I have a desire to become an IAS Officer. So, can I appear for IAS exam after completing my Vocational course in IT? Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses to do after completion of 12th Vocational stream? Benefits of opting Vocational stream in 11th?
  2. What shall I do after completion of Diploma in Mechanical stream in Vocational?
  3. How to Join Visual communication course after completion of 12th in Vocational Stream with 67.17% marks?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A Vocational and also graduation in marketing and management of Insurance?
  5. What is the procedure followed to get a government job after completion of diploma by vocational course?
  6. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of 12th in vocational with electrical course?
  7. How to apply for vocational training after completion of B.Tech Electrical and Electronics 2nd year? -- [New]
  8. What are the possible courses which can be done after Vocational course in Electrical stream?
  9. Whether 3 years polytechnic course a vocational course?
  10. Am I eligible to do BCA graduation after completion of computer science vocational course?
  11. How can I get a government job after completion of vocational inter in EET group?
  12. What is the syllabus followed for IAS exam after completion of B.Com course?
  13. Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?
  14. What do to after +2 Vocational Electronics?
  15. Am I eligible to do BCA course after completion of CSE Vocational course?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Air Force Job after a vocational course in Electronics Engineering Technician with 85% marks?
  17. Is diploma course completion equal to completion of a degree? Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam?
  18. After completion of BSc degree in IHM am I eligible to sit for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
25th July 2016, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IAS exam after completion of IT Vocational course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing Vocational course in IT stream. I have a desire to become an IAS Officer. So, can I appear for IAS exam after completing my Vocational course in IT? Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
25th July 2016, 12:00 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Sorry, it is not possible to appear for IAS (Civil Services Examination) after completion of IT vocational course. The candidates must hold a pass Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university for civil service examination. The upper age limit is 32 years for General category candidates. So you have to study any graduation degree to appear for IAS examination. The UPSC is conducting the civil services examination. The civil services examination consists of 3 successive stages:
1. Preliminary Examination (multiple choices)
2. Main Examination (written test)
3. Interview.
The UPSC website link is Click Here
25th July 2016, 01:58 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. Union Public Service Commission conduct Civil Service Exam for various posts & one of them is IAS. To apply for this exam one must be graduate from a recognized university & age must be between 21 years to 32 years. if you have not done your graduation then complete it before applying it. Even if you do graduation from any open university that university must be approved by UGC or AICTE. To become IAS is not so easy you need to study very hard. candidates spend year's to get an edge to clear the exam & interview. Below I have attached the notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 14 views)
25th July 2016, 08:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria in order to appear for IAS examination is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation from a recognized University and after that they will have to appear for Civil Services Examination.

The selection process is mentioned below in sequence;

> Civil services preliminary examination.

> Civil services main examination.

> Personal interview.
25th July 2016, 08:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, merely a vocational course without any degree qualification is not enough to become eligible for IAS exam. Only those who hold a degree qualification can apply for this exam.
If you have just got 12th and vocational qualification then you must try to get admission in a degree programme for becoming eligible for civil services exam which recruits IAS officers.
26th July 2016, 12:16 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Well, if you are Graduate holder then definitely you are eligible for IAS examination. Graduation is the minimum educational needed to be eligible for Civil Service examination. To become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer you need to crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service.

Eligibility Criteria :

- The aspirant must be an Indian Citizen.
- The aspirant must complete Bachelor Degree or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- The aspirant age must be in between 21 years to 32 years.
- Three years age relaxation for OBC category candidates.
- Five years age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates

Official website - Official website
28th June 2022, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Vocational courses campletated 12standad how can become aIAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?