27th July 2016, 11:53 PM
Sarthak Sahai

Can I take admission in class 12th CBSE board after failing 11th from ICSE board?

Hello Sir, I had given my class 11th exam from ICSE board but I failed, Now I want to take admission in class 12th from CBSE board. Is it possible? Please let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  2. Is it possible to change my Board from ICSE to CBSE directly for class 12th after scoring 91% marks in class 11th? -- [New]
  3. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for 12th standard CBSE board after failing in 11th standard CBSE board?
  5. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  6. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  7. Which will be the easiest Board among CBSE and MP Board to study in 11th standard?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission for 12th commerce course after failing in 11th CBSE board?
  9. List of best CBSE schools in Kanpur? Is it possible to get admission from ICSE to CBSE after 8th standard?
  10. Can I take admission in 12th standard CBSE board after failing in 11th standard CBSE board?
  11. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  12. Possibility to get admission in 12th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if failed in 11th ICSE?
  13. Transfer of Board from CBSE to ICSE after class 11 for class 12?
  14. Board can be changed in 12th class from ICSE to CBSE? What is the procedure for it?
  15. In which board should I take admission in 11th for studying medical? Should I opt for ICSE board or change my board to CBSE or GSEB?
  16. Possibility to get admission in 8th CBSE board for 7th ICSE candidate?
  17. Which board should I choose between ICSE and CBSE for admission in class 11th?
  18. Is it possible to get promotion granted in 12th standard if failed in 11th CBSE?
30th July 2016, 04:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in class 12th CBSE board after failing 11th from ICSE board?

No having failed your in Class 11th board examination of ISCE board you are definitely not eligible for getting admission directly in Class 12th of any CBSE board affiliated school.

As for appearing in the CBSE Class 12th board examination i.e; AISSCE one needs to enrolled in CBSE affiliated from his/her Class 11th only as the registration for AISSCE is done in the Class 11th only. Also to get promoted in Class 12th for being eligible for appearing AISSCE one also needs to qualify his/her Class 11th examination too.

So the best option for you having failed in your Class 11th board examination of ICSE is that you look to clear your Class 11th board examination through improvement examination or compartmental examinations as there is no hope for direct admission in CBSE affiliated school.
30th July 2016, 08:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in class 12th CBSE board after failing 11th from ICSE board?

No, it's not possible to take admission in 12th standard in CBSE Board after failing 11th standard from ICSE Board.

The CBSE Board or any other board does not offer direct admission to 12th standard. Most of the boards offer admissions only in 11th standard for candidates who have qualified 10th standard.

Only candidates who have qualified 11th standard are eligible to pursue 12th standard in the same school and they can't take direct admission in 12th standard in any other school if they wish to join in any other school.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have given 11th standard examinations from ICSE Board and you have not qualified, so, you need to reappear in your 11th standard examinations and it's not possible to take admission in 12th standard in CBSE Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?