1st August 2016, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in Indian Army being 19 years old 12th passed candidate?

Dear sir, My name is Akram malik. I completed my 10th with 47% and I passed 12th with 53%, my date of birth is 22-01-1997. So, please tell me that can I get the job of Indian army.

1st August 2016, 10:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Indian Army being 19 years old 12th passed candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir, My name is Akram malik. I completed my 10th with 47% and I passed 12th with 53%, my date of birth is 22-01-1997. So, please tell me that can I get the job of Indian army.
Right now you are approximately 19 years and 6 months. The upper age limit for NDA exam is 19 years on day of January 1st or July 1st of the year in which exam is conducting. Thus I am very sorry to say but you are not eligible to sit for the NDA Exam.

But you dont need to give up just because you cant give NDA Exam. You can always complete graduation and come back to sit for the CDS Exam. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Combined Defence Services for those who wish to join the Indian armed forces like Army, Navy and Air force as an officer.

These are the four academies you can join by giving CDS Exam:-
  • Indian Military Academy for Indian Army
  • Indian Air Force Academy for Indian Air Force
  • Naval Academy for Indian Navy
  • Officers Training Academy
-To join the military academy you need to have a a degree from a recognised university. To join the air force and naval wing you need to have a degree of a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level.

-The age limit to join army wing is 19-24 years. The age limit to join naval wing is 19-22 years. The age limit to join air force is 19-23 years.

Scheme of written exam:-

Indian Military Academy/Naval Academy/Air Force Academy:-
  • English (Objective type): 100 marks
  • General Knowledge (Objective type): 100 marks
  • Elementary Mathematics (Objective type): 100 marks
Officers' Training Academy:-
  • English (Objective type): 100 marks
  • General Knowledge (Objective type): 100 marks
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
1st August 2016, 11:03 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get job in Indian Army being 19 years old 12th passed candidate?

Yes you can get job in Indian Army being 19 years old.because the minimum age required is 16 1/2 years and maximum 19 years.

->>There is no upper age relaxation for the any other categories.

->>Also you have Passed 12th or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as the core subjects from a recognized board.
1st August 2016, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
2nd August 2016, 08:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the NDA examination and hence not eligible for recruitment on 10+2 educational qualification.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you have crossed the maximum age limit to appear for examination but if you are pursuing the bachelor course you can appear for CDS examination after that. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd August 2016, 09:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army being a 19 years 12th passed candidate. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year.

To appear in NDA examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be at least 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 1/2 years of age.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed 12th standard from a Government recognised board and 19 years old, so, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?