2nd August 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Biomedical Engineering?

Hello, I want to know basically what is biomedical engineering? Is maths compulsory for it? What is its scope in and outside India. What kind of jobs can we get and also salary after placement . I am a 12th student with PCB stream. What are good colleges for it? Is Amity University a good option? Please help.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Biomedical Enginering if I do PCB? Best institutes for Biomedical Engineering? Qualifications required for Biomedical Engineering?
  2. Post graduate programmes where Biomedical engineering students are eligible?
  3. Isn't IIT the right institute to study Biomedical Engineering? Best Biomedical Engineering Institutes in India?
  4. Can I pursue Biomedical Engineering after 12th with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects? List of colleges offering Biomedical Engineering course ?
  5. Am I eligible to do masters in Biomedical engineering from Germany?
  6. Are Biomedical engineering Students eligible to join M.Tech Biotechnology?
  7. What is the scope for B-Tech in Biomedical engineering? What is the payscale of Biomedical engineer?
  8. Am i eligible for Biomedical engineering in AIIMS
  9. Am I eligible to study biomedical engineering after passing 12th with Biology?
  10. How to do M.Tech in biomedical engineering after completing B.Tech in biomedical engineering
  11. PG courses for which a biomedical engineering student is eligible? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to get the job in government sector after completion of biomedical engineering?
  13. What are the employment opportunities in Biomedical Engineering? Which colleges are the best to do biomedical engineering?
  14. Am I eligible for Biomedical Engineering having completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  15. List of Biomedical Companies that allow Biomedical Projects to be done by the candidates pursuing final year BE in Biomedical Engineering in Chennai?
  16. What is the future of M.Tech Biomedical engineering? List of M.Tech Biomedical engineering jobs?
  17. Am I eligible for biomedical engineering after 12th without Maths
  18. Can I take Biomedical Engineering? What are the job opportunities for biomedical engineering?
2nd August 2016, 11:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Biomedical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible for biomedical engineering after 12th without maths:-

As physics, chemistry and maths compulsory required to do biomedical engineering .

And to get admission in this course you need to have rank in either AIEEE, or other Join Entrance Exam.
3rd August 2016, 08:58 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not compulsory for Biomedical Engineering. Both Mathematics and Biology group students are eligible to pursue this course.

B.E./B.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering is a 4 years long Undergraduate Level Bachelor’s Degree program divided into 8 semesters.

The program deals with the study of Engineering with the amalgamation of Technology and Biology. The course focuses on the concepts of Engineering, Technology and Biology to solve problems and in aiding research work, improve and enrich healthcare sector, medicines, diagnostic processes, rehabilitation, hospital equipment/tools and surgical processes.

Eligibility criteria for Biomedical Engineering :-

The candidate should have passed 10+2 in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology subjects from a recognized board.

Scope after pursuing the course :-

One can find job in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare equipment manufacturing sectors, Government agencies such as Drugs Department, State wise Health Departments, Pathological labs, Clinics and Hospitals, etc.

Some of the job posts available after Biomedical Engineering :-

Biomedical Engineer
Equipment Design Engineer
Lab Technician/Administrator
Research Engineer

Salary :-

The average starting salary for Biomedical Engineer generally lies between Rs. 3 to 6 Lakh per year. This engineering field also has scope outside India and the salary package received there will be much better in comparison to what received in India.
3rd August 2016, 06:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Biomedical engineering is an engineering course which is related with the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes.

Yes, it is compulsory to pursue Mathematics subject in 12th standard or equivalent to get admission for pursuing Biomedical Engineering course. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing Biomedical Engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?