14th August 2016, 01:50 PM
Karuna182

When to start preparation for IES and GATE?

I have just started with 3rd semester (2nd year) B.Tech (ece), so when should I start coaching and preparation for IES and Gate?

14th August 2016, 07:45 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: When to start preparation for IES and GATE?

IES & GATE are the competitive exams. You can apply for that exams after completion of your graduation in engineering. You should start your preparation at least one year before the exam

Preparation Tips
- Read the whole syllabus & exam pattern.
- Start preparation at least 1 year before the exam.
- Prepare one by one topic.
- After completion of each topic , Revise it again & note down important points.
- Solve the previous asked questions from prepared topic.
14th August 2016, 10:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Indian Engineering Services and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, both are technical entrance examination for engineering graduates. The perfect time to start your preparation is from 3rd semester on wards.

The preparation for these examination can be done by self study also. However if you think after fifth semester that you are not able to do it self then you can join coaching institutes like MADE EASY, GATE Forum etc. You must clear your basic fundamentals of each and every subject then only you can score well in these exams. Practice is key to excel in both exams.
15th August 2016, 12:24 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for IES and GATE exams, after completion of your graduation degree. You can start preparation of above exams from now without any coaching center. You should have good knowledge of general English and reasoning. Be regular in study for better results. If you are planning to join any coaching center, then my suggestion to you is that you should join after completion of third year of bachelor's degree. Try to score more than 60% for good future opportunity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?