15th August 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Do I come under OBC category after marriage?

I am married women and my husband's income is 10 lakhs per annum and both of them are 3b category. Before marriage my father was working as an officer and his income was less than 6 lakhs. So, can I get OBC category to get 35 years of age relaxation & 9 attempts?

15th August 2016, 11:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I come under OBC category after marriage?

You will come under OBC category only if your parents belong to OBC category. If your husband also belong to OBC category then, obviously you will come under OBC category.

If you belong to OBC category and have a OBC category certificate, you can avail benefits like age relaxation, marks relaxation, number of attempts to appear in examination, etc., from the government.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you belong to OBC category then, definitely you are eligible to get age relaxation and maximum number of attempts which are available for OBC category candidates to appear in examination.
15th August 2016, 11:29 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can come under OBC category after marriage. You have to apply for an OBC Certificate to get reservation. Without certificate you will not be eligible for reservation.
27th November 2016, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I am from UP and my husband is from jharkhand. We both are OBC. I want OBC certificate from Jharkhand to apply jpsc. Is it possible.
10th September 2018, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I have OBC certifricate and now I married , I am girl do I need to renew OBC certificate with my husbands name or old certificate will do
14th December 2018, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I am from Bihar and i have an OBC certificate but now i get married & he is from Jharkhand. I have cleared bank exam & preparing for interview.For Documents will I need to make OBC certicate from Jharkhand or from Bihar. Please clear me
2nd February 2019, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I am married and my husband is getting 10 lakhs per annum. My father is a pensioner getting 2.5 lakhs per annum. My question is in which category of OBC I come under whether creamy or non creamy?
26th March 2019, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

General category girl marrying to OBC Boy, Will she get benefits of OBC category ??
18th August 2019, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Myself come under 2a category and married to 3b category boy he is working as class B officer.. so i can get 2a category? Because his post is class B?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?