15th August 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Does arts have no scope? Only fools and losers choose Arts stream?

I wanted to become a journalist and for that I want to choose arts in my 11th but parents are saying that there is no future if you will choose this subject. Also, people will think you are fool as only losers choose arts but I want to take arts only as my interest is there only. I want advice.

15th August 2016, 09:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does arts have no scope? Only fools and losers choose Arts stream?

If you have skills to become a good journalist then surely arts will be a very good option. It needs good communication skills and you need to do some challenging assignments also which makes this field very tough for newbies.

Arts degree from a reputed university in regular mode is definitely better than many other qualifications. Those who do degree from low ranked universities or through distance mode face difficulty in getting job in private sectors. Hence, no stream is bad it is the competition that creates problem in a country like India.
15th August 2016, 09:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No the perception that arts stream has no scope is completely wrong because in modern era it has become very popular as it provides students the ease in preparing for various competitive examination with their regular academics.

An arts stream has career opportunities in almost every field whether it is administrative field, banking field, law and order field , defense field, teaching field, etc. apart from few science specific fields like Indian Navy & Indian Air force, technical field and medical field.

At last I will like to suggest you that if you are really interested in arts stream academics then you must stick with that by sorting out with your parents as selection of stream which does not lie to your strength might have adverse affect to your academics.
15th August 2016, 10:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*This is not true what your parents are telling about arts stream. Arts stream candidates have done exceptionally well in different fields. You must convince your parents that arts stream have good career opportunities in future.

*Journalism is a good stream for career and many candidates have opted this course with arts background and done good. Arts stream candidates have done well in Civil Services exam, banking exams etc.

*If you see 2015 Civil Services exam topper, she is also from arts background and she mentioned in interview that her parents convince her to take arts stream and leave science stream.
15th August 2016, 10:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To become a journalist you should opt Mass Communication.
But Arts is also very good. Those who study with Arts are not loosers. After completing education with arts you can write various competitive examinations like:-
UPSC
BPSC
NET
SSC
Banks
Railways
FCI
UDC
CGL
MTS

Let me tell you every subject and stream is special and good in itself.
15th August 2016, 11:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It is totally a wrong misconception with your parents that arts streams candidates do not have any good career scope. Arts stream candidates have good scope in different career options like Journalism, Civil Services examination, Teaching etc.

It is very hard to say that only fools and loser choose arts. If you will see percentage required to get admission in top colleges of Delhi University in arts stream then it is more than 95%. Hence, convince your parents that candidates with stream in which they have interest does well.
16th August 2016, 02:17 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Career options depends on the subjects and course selected for study. If you choose arts stream then after 12th you can apply for clerical or assistant jobs. Graduates can try for Officer level jobs in banks, defense and government departments. Post graduates can apply in teaching sectors.

It's not true that only fools and losers choose arts, this is a very nice stream and has lots of career options such as, you can go for mass communication which has a very good scope, you can try for journalism, BA in language is another option for you, you can become a fashion designer and many more.
16th August 2016, 10:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is a wrong notion of people that only losers choose Arts stream. You should go with your interest. There are lot of job opportunities in future. As you are interested to become journalist hence Arts stream is best for you. You need to develop your communication skills. After completion of your 12th you will have to pursue a Bachelor Degree in Journalism.
Other options for you:

IAS

HAS

IPS

Clerk

PO

Teacher

Lecturer
etc.
25th June 2017, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission in BCA that requires English & mathematics as compulsory subjects but I have only English subject from 12 arts stream
14th August 2020, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

My parents are forcing me to Select Science Stream.But I want to select Arts stream what should I do
15th June 2021, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

After 10th in fashion designing which option are there ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?