20th August 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

How can a female join Army after 12th standard?

I am a 12th grade student (female). I want to join Army and not interested to do anything else after this. Can you please shoe me the path how do I get the chance to join Army?

22nd August 2016, 01:11 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Default Re: How can a female join Army after 12th standard?

->A girl after passing 12th standard is not eligible to join Indian Army.

->To join Indian Army you have to complete your graduation.

->After completing your graduation you have to apply for CDS exam.

->Combined Defence Services exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission.

->There are basically four different training academies which one can join through CDS exam:
*Indian Military Academy
*Indian Air Force Academy
*Indian Naval Academy
*Officers Training Academy

->Girls are eligible only to Officers Training Academy.
22nd August 2016, 11:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a female join Army after 12th standard?

No, girls are not eligible to join Indian Army on 12th educational qualification. To join Indian Army for girls candidate they have to qualify in CDS entrance examination.

The minimum qualification to appear for CDS examination is bachelor degree. The discipline is mathematics or physics or B.Tech/B.E for Navy and Air Force but there is no restriction on discipline for Army. The age limit is :-

Navy - 19-22 years.

Air Force - 19-23 years.

Army - 19-24 years.

So, you have pursue bachelor degree to appear for entrance examination and qualify in entrance examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?