9th September 2016, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to be a CA having 67% marks in 12th Commerce stream?

Sir I am a average student of class 12th commerce and I want to be a CA, so can I be a CA or not? In other words I am able to do this course, as I have 67% marks in 12th commerce stream and at present I am applying for cpt test whose exam will be held in December.

9th September 2016, 10:53 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to be a CA having 67% marks in 12th Commerce stream?

Yes, After scoring 67% in your intermediate exams, you can apply for Common Proficiency Test. Basically you have to go through four stages to be a C.A.
CPT is the very first step to be a CA. Secondly you have to do 'Integrated Professional Competence Course'. Third stage is 3 years Training under a Practicing C.A. Finally you will have to face C. A. Final.
9th September 2016, 11:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to be a CA having 67% marks in 12th Commerce stream?

Yes, you are eligible to become Chartered Accountant after scoring 67% marks in 10+2 commerce stream. Percentage of marks does not matter, you will have to clear all stages of Chartered Accountancy. Chartered Accountancy has three stages:

>>Common Proficiency test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence course.

>>Final course.

10+2 passed candidates with passing percentage of marks are eligible to apply for CPT. CPT is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in June and December. It is an objective test which consists of questions from Fundamentals of Accountancy, Mercantile law, Economics, Aptitude.

To clear this test, you need to score minimum of 50% marks in test and 30% marks in each paper of this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?