18th September 2016, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 59% marks in B.Com Graduation?

I got 59% in B.com , 62% in intermediate, 79% in 10th. I'm a female candidate
of OB-C caste. My dream is to be an IAS. Am I eligible for upsc exam?
I'm seriously worried about it. Please do reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Is B.Com honours helpful in UPSC? Should I take coaching after graduation? Which course to do at post graduation?
  2. Am I eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 59% marks in B.Com Graduation?
  3. Am I eligible for any bank exam after scoring 43% in graduation
  4. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed entrance exam after completing BA scoring 44.75% marks?
  5. Can I be eligible for IIM Ahmedabad after scoring 50% marks in TYB.Com?
  6. Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible for Bank Probationary after scoring 47% marks in Graduation and 62% marks in PG?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completing Graduation scoring 46% marks? Do I have to attempt any entrance exam?
  9. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  10. If I score 85% marks in graduation, will I be eligible for IAS exam?
  11. Am I eligible for UPSC exam after completing graduation in Fashion Designing with first class marks?
  12. Am I eligible to pursue MA course after completing BA scoring 44.62% marks?
  13. Eligibility for private banks after scoring 49% marks in graduation and 70% marks in MBA?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?
  15. Am i eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 55% in HS exam
  16. Am I eligible to pursue MCA after completing B.Sc scoring 78% marks? Do I need to appear for ICET exam for admission? -- [New]
  17. Can i appear in IMA with 45% marks in graduation degree?
  18. Am I eligible for OPSC, UPSC, INA and IMA after scoring 50% marks in Matric, 12th Arts
18th September 2016, 08:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 59% marks in B.Com Graduation?

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Service examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. This is one of the toughest examination of India and has three stages, preliminary examination, mains examination and interview. Candidates who pass in all stages are selected for different services according to your rank.

The academic qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the examination. Candidates with even passing percentage of marks are able to apply for this examination. So, there is no thing to get worried about your eligibility for this examination, you are eligible for this exam with 59% marks in Bachelor of Commerce.

You can apply for 2017 examination for which notification will come on 22nd February, 2017 and Preliminary exam is on 18th June, 2017.
18th September 2016, 10:28 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 59% marks in B.Com Graduation?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC based recruitment examination with 59% marks in Graduation (B.Com). Basically there is no certain percentage criteria required in order to appear in UPSC Examinations. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC Examinations varies from recruitment to recruitment.

>> Minimum Qualification required for UPSC SCRA, NDA Exams:

* Candidates must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university.

* There is no certain percentage criteria required

>> Minimum Qualification required for UPSC IAS, Civil Services, IES, IFS:

* Candidates must have completed "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor degree from a recognized university.

* For this also there is no certain percentage criteria required

As there is no minimum percentage criteria required, I am sure you are eligible to appear in UPSC recruitment's.
18th September 2016, 12:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service examination after scoring 59% marks in B.Com graduation. The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from any discipline from a recognized university shall be eligible for the Civil Service examination. So you can apply for civil service examination. The candidates must have aged between 21 to 32 years as on 1st August of the examination year. The examinations will he held once every year. There are Preliminary, Mains and Interview for the selection. You can also make use of the coaching classes for the examinations.
18th September 2016, 12:22 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for UPSC exam. Candidates who are graduate in any stream from a recognized university eligible for UPSC civil services exams. Thanks
18th September 2016, 01:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination after scoring 59% marks in your B.Com course. There is no specific percentage criteria required to appear in UPSC examination. Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

3. You should be within 21 to 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.
18th September 2016, 01:39 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Union Public Service Commission conduct Civil Service Exam for different post and one of them is IAS. This exam is one of the toughest exam in India.
You should not be worried about your chance to apply as it ask for graduation from valid university.No percentage required to apply and age must be between 21 years to 32 years.
18th September 2016, 08:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely as you have completed your Bachelor of Commerce degree course so you are eligible to appear in Union Public Service Commission exam. Your percentage should not be less than 50 and 45 For reserved category students. As you have scored 59% in your degree hence you are eligible to appear in this IAS exam.
Your intermediate percentage doesn't matter to appear in this exam it is only asked when you qualified the exam and called for interview.
18th September 2016, 08:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are definitely eligible for UPSC exam because there isn't any percentage requirement for it. Degree in any discipline with pass marks from a UGC recognized university is just needed.

Hence, don't worry and be prepared for this exam, you are surely eligible for this exam. Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 32 years.
18th September 2016, 08:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for examination which is conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum qualifying marks. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for Civil Services examination in 2017. For detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th September 2016, 10:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Com degree, So you are eligible for UPSC exam like IAS.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
24th August 2017, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have done my graduation in pol.sci with 52.75% am I eligible for upsc and bpsc exams???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?