25th October 2016, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write JEE 2017 at the age of 16 years?

I am under-aged. My date of birth is 28-11-2001. Now i am studying intermediate 1st year. Am i eligible to write 2017-18 JEE?

25th October 2016, 07:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write JEE 2017 at the age of 16 years?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

CBSE has clearly mentioned that those who appear for board exams of 10+2 are eligible to apply for Joint Entrance Examination regardless of age. If you are appearing for board examination of 10+2 in 2017 then you can apply for JEE Main at age of 16 years.

JEE Main is of 360 marks. To get admission in top NITs, you need to score well in this exam. Percentage of marks scored in board exam of 10+2 will also be taken into consideration for final scorecard of JEE Main and its rank. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is necessary in 10+2 for this examination.
25th October 2016, 08:22 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission undergraduate technical courses like B.tech and B.Arch in top government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT, other centrally funded institutes of technology and other private engineering colleges.

--> JEE is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which involves JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced.

--> The minimum qualification which you must have for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 45% aggregate in the same from a recognized board of education.

* You must have the nationality of India with you age not exceeding 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you will seek admission in your undergraduate technical course.

So being born on 28-11-2001 you are certainly eligible for appearing in JEE Main for the session 2017-2018 i.e; JEE 2018 as for the same examination there is no minimum age limit but you must satisfy the other criteria too.

For further details regarding JEE Main and JEE Advanced you can lo on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and www.jeeadv.nic.in.
25th October 2016, 10:20 AM
princekainth2

For Giving JEE Exam,you must clear class 12 from recognised board first of all

Age Limit:
The upper age limit to be eligible for JEE Main is 25
Age limit is relaxed by five years for SC, ST, PwD candidates.
25th October 2016, 10:28 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for JEE 2017:-

Candidates passed 12th or equivlent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM are eligible to apply.

Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2014.are not eligible to apply.

Age limit:-

Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 01 Octobers,1992 for general candidate and 01 Octobers, 1987 for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.

Number of subjects in 12th:-

Aspirants should have minimum five subjects in 12th / qualifying examination.

Number of attempts:-

Candidates can attempts JEE exam three times only.

Diploma (3 years) holders are also eligible to apply.
25th October 2016, 03:33 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE is an All India level engineering entrance examination conducted by CBSE and IIT for offering admissions to interested candidates in engineering course in top Indian Institutions like NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and IITs.

To be eligible to appear in JEE 2017 examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. There is no minimum age limit and maximum age limit is 25 years (28 years for OBC & 30 years for SC/ST) to appear in JEE 2017 examination.

As per the data mentioned in your query, you have mentioned that your DOB is 28-11-2001, that means, you will be 16 years old as on 31st December, 2017, since, there is no minimum age limit to appear in JEE 2017 examination, being a 16 years old candidate, you are eligible to appear in JEE 2017 examination.
25th October 2016, 06:09 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a single entrance examination replacing AIEEE and IIT JEE held by CBSE for selection of students for their undergraduate technical courses from centrall funded institutes of technology like IIT, NIT, ISM, and other private engineering colleges.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the JEE 2018 ( for students pursuing Class 12th in session 2017-18 ) :-

a) You must be an Indian resident.

b) Your age must lie under 25 years by the 31st December 2018. There is no minimum age limit like medical entrance examination.

c) You must have completed your Class 12th or must be in the final year of same with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects and at least 45% marks in the same from a recognized board of examination. But for admission in NIT your marks must be 60% where as for IIT it must be at least 75% unless you lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of your board.

So being born on 28/11/2001 and going to appear in Class 12th board examination in March 2018 you will be eligible for JEE 2018 as for JEE 2017 your educational qualification is not as per the requirement.
For further details regarding the same examination you can visit the official link of JEE Main i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in
25th October 2016, 07:52 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

There are many engineering entrance examination conducted at national level as well as at state level. Engineering has become a common career option for candidates after 10+2 in science stream with mathematics. This led to establishment of so many engineering colleges in India.

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. The purpose of this examination is to select the most talented students who can pursue engineering from top most engineering college of India like Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology and other government engineering colleges.

What is required to apply for this exam:

Students interested in engineering should have done senior secondary from any higher secondary board of India. Mandatory subjects in 10+2 include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

CBSE is examination conducting body of JEE. You are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2017 if you are appearing for board exams in 2017.
25th October 2016, 08:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in JEE mains and Advanced is Non Medical Stream in class 11th and class 12th with at least 50% marks from recognised board and age should not be less than 17 years and max should not exceed 25 years whereas relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of SC and ST categories.
Hence 16 years old candidate is not eligible to appear in this exam.
25th October 2016, 09:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) and the examination is conducted by CBSE every year for admission in B.Tech/B.E courses.

There is no minimum age limit to appear for examination but the maximum age limit is 25 years.

The maximum age limit to appear for the examination is 25 years.

So, you can write the examination in the 2017-18 next year. For more information about the examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
25th October 2016, 10:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no minimum age limit to appear for the examination.

The maximum age limit is 25 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination in the 2017 and the examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

For detail information about the examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in
25th October 2016, 10:47 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To apply JEE entrance examination you have to passed Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics and chemistry subjects and you have to obtained minimum 50% marks in 12th examination.

Age limits:-

->>Candidate should be born after 1 october 1992.

->>For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
24th June 2017, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 25-01-2001 and my rank is 6150 am I illegible to get admitted in IIT
11th September 2019, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Is there any reservation for kashmiri students in jee mains ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?