27th October 2016, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after completing class 12th at the age of 17?

Respected Sir, I am 17 years old and I am studying in class 12th. I wish to join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th, am I eligible to join Indian Navy at the age of 17?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join the Indian Navy Accounts section after completing class 12th with Commerce stream?
  2. How can a girl join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (non medical)? What steps should be followed to join the Indian Navy?
  3. What steps should I follow to join the Indian Navy? How much should I score in class 12th to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  4. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  5. Can I join the Indian Navy directly after completing class 12th or do I have to appear for entrance exam?
  6. How to join Indian Navy after completing senior secondary class in commerce?
  7. How can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th with Science stream? Where can I prepare for the exam?
  8. How can I join Indian Navy after completing class 10th?
  9. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  10. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  11. What a 9th standard student can do to join Indian Navy?
  12. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (Science)? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  13. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after scoring 52% marks in class 12th? Which exam do I need to write?
  14. What are the jobs available in the Indian Navy after completing class 12th with Arts stream? How can I apply for jobs?
  15. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I join as Indian Navy commando after completing 12th?
  17. How to join Indian Navy as an officer after completing 12th with biomaths stream?
  18. Can I get a job in the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (Science) from NIOS?
29th October 2016, 03:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after completing class 12th at the age of 17?

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after passing class 12th if you have studied Physics and Mathematics as subjects at 12th level.

Union Public Service Commission conducts an Examination for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA

Eligibility criteria for NDA are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

-The candidate age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board of education.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.
29th October 2016, 07:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after completing class 12th at the age of 17?

Yes, you can join Indian Navy at the age of 17 years. To get the recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in the NDA examination.

The examination is conducted twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. The examination is conducted in two stages and the candidates after qualifying in both stages are eligible for recruitment.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2016, 07:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year provides a better opportunity for the candidates to join defence services.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper for recruitment in Air Force and Navy.

So, you can appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in written as well as SSB stage.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2016, 09:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission and crack written test and Service Selection Board of NDA exam to join Indian Navy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exams from a recognized board. For Indian Navy, mathematics and Physics is necessary in 10+2.

>>The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

At age of 17 years, you are eligible to apply for NDA exam.
29th October 2016, 10:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard at the age of 17 years. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you have to appear in NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

--> You should be a citizen of India.

--> You should have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

--> You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

--> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

--> You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
29th October 2016, 10:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Navy after 12th at age of 17 years through National Defence Academy examination.

You need to fulfill given below requirements to apply for NDA exam:

*You must have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in board exam of 12th.

*Minimum age required is 16.5 years and upper age limit for all is 19.5 years.

*Female candidates are not eligible, male who are unmarried can apply for this examination.

Stages of NDA examination:

Written test.

Service Selection Board.
29th October 2016, 11:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Entrance exam at 12th level to join Indian Navy at 12th level is National Defence Academy examination.

Certain necessary requirements for this exam:

Age criteria--16.5 to 19.5 years.

Qualification--Higher Secondary from any board. Navy and Air Force requires Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

You are applicable for NDA exam at age of 17 years.
29th October 2016, 11:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a 17 year old Class 12th passed candidate to join Indian Navy you have the following options which are discussed below :-

--> You have the option of becoming commissioned officer in Indian Navy through NDA ( National Defense Academy ). Also to join NDA, you will need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively. Also, to be eligible for the same examination for joining Indian Navy you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th academics with PCM group from a recognized board of education.

--> Apart from the officers post, you are also eligible for joining Indian Navy as a tradesmen and soldier for which your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years apart from your educational qualification.

For further details and notifications regarding these examination you can log on to the link www.joinindiannavy.nic.in.
30th October 2016, 06:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am 17 years old and I am studying in class 12th. I wish to join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th, am I eligible to join Indian Navy at the age of 17?
Yes, you can join in Indian Navy but your 12th standard subjects must be Mathematics and Physics.

If you have above mentioned subject in 12th standard, then you are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 18.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?