2nd November 2016, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?

Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to work as an IPS officer. Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate? If not then please guide me what should I do to become an IPS officer.

3rd November 2016, 04:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?

No , you are not eligible to become IPS officer just after completion of your 12th standard because minimum qualification required to appear in civil services is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and you must have scored at least 50% marks in your graduation and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories. Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to the students of reserved categories.
3rd November 2016, 08:17 PM
para001

No, you are eligible after your graduation degree from recognized university.
After completing your intermediate, You are not eligible. So, first of all complete your graduation from recognized university, then apply for the Indian Police Services exam.
IPS stands for the Indian Police Service. The exams is a part of Civil Services and conducted by the UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission).
There are following eligibility criteria for the IPS officer's exam.

Your age limit should be between 32 years. For general 32 years, for OBC 35 years, for sc/st 37 years.
3rd November 2016, 08:37 PM
surender singh001

Sorry to say, But you are not eligible for the IPS ( Indian Police Service) exam. But you can apply after completing your graduation degree from recognized university. Indian Police Service exam is also a part of Civil Service Exam. These exams are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. You will have to complete your graduation first to apply for the Indian Police Service exam.
Your age should be grater than 21 years. And the maximum attempts are, For general category - 06 attempts, for OBC- 09 attempts, for SC/ST - Unlimited attempts.
The upper age limit for general category is 32 years, for OBC- 35 years, for SC/ST- 37 years.
3rd November 2016, 09:41 PM
rajneesh kumar18212

Sorry you are not eligible after completing your intermediate. You can apply for the IPS Officer exam after completing your graduation. First of all complete your graduation. There are following useful details about the IPS officer exam.

For general category : There are total 06 attempts for this exam. And the upper age should not grater than 32 years.

For OBC category: There are total 09 attempts for IPS exam. And your age should not grater than 35 years.

For SC/ST category: There is no limited attempts. You can attempt unlimited times. But your age should not grater than 37 years.
3rd November 2016, 09:53 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to work as an IPS officer. Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate? If not then please guide me what should I do to become an IPS officer.

No, You are not eligible after completing your intermediate.
If you want to become an IPS officer then you should have to complete your graduation. IPS is a part of civil services and these type of exam conducted by the Union Public service Commission. So, you will have to prepare well before filling the IPS officer's forum. Complete your graduation and also collect some extra knowledge regarding the IPS Officer's exam.

Age LIMIT:

There are different different age limit for the different different categories.
For general category: Upper age: 32 years. No of attempts: 06 times.
For OBC: upper age limit should be 35 years. There are total 09 attempts.
For SC/ST : upper age limit should be 37 years.
3rd November 2016, 10:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard, you are not eligible for IPS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for IPS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University. Final year of graduation degree candidates are eligible for IPS exam.

So first complete your graduation degree, then you can apply for IPS exam

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
4th November 2016, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?