11th November 2016, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for diploma or B.Tech after 12th class?

I have passed 12th class in 2009, but now l want to do automobile engineering (B.Tech). So, should I do the diploma in automobile and then go for 2nd year degree programme or any other option? What is the fees structure for this process? I am 27.

11th November 2016, 07:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for diploma or B.Tech after 12th class?

After completion of your 12th standard, it is best to do B.Tech course directly instead of doing Diploma and B.Tech course. The duration of B.Tech course is 4 years for 12th standard passed candidates and it is 3 years for candidates who passed Diploma course. If you pursue Diploma course and B.Tech course, it will take 5 years for you to complete B.Tech course. So, I suggest you to directly pursue B.Tech course without studying Diploma course. The fee structure for B.Tech course varies from college to college, it generally ranges from Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 1,20,000/- per year.
11th November 2016, 09:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

It is a good idea to pursue B.Tech in Automobile Engineering course. It is a four-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Automobiles. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Engineering from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed 12th standard, so, it is better to pursue B.Tech course directly rather than pursuing Diploma and then B.Tech course. If you pursue Diploma and B.Tech course, it will take 5 years and for directly pursuing B.Tech course, it will take 4 years. So, it's upto you to decide how you want to complete the B.Tech course.
11th November 2016, 09:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If you are really interested to get into Automobile field, then I would strongly suggest you to go with Diploma in Automobile Engineering course. Candidates who are willing to get into the core side, generally prefer to go with Diploma filed rather than 12th (Higher Secondary) level. The fee structure basically depends upon the college or organization that you choose. And the minimum fee for an year would be around 12 to 13 thousand and it may even vary based on the requirements.
11th November 2016, 11:50 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th class in 2009, but now l want to do automobile engineering (B.Tech). So, should I do the diploma in automobile and then go for 2nd year degree programme or any other option? What is the fees structure for this process? I am 27.
Prefer B.Tech course after 12th standard, which is having good scope when compared with Diploma course. You need to qualify in the IIT or the entrance exam conducted by the respective university in order to get admission to the B.Tech course.
12th November 2016, 01:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The best choice is to go for B.Tech course after completion of 12th class. The B.Tech course is one of the demanding courses than a Diploma course. The job opportunities are high for the B.Tech holders than diploma holders. The salaries for the B.Tech holders are higher compared to the diploma holders. The engineering graduation candidates can study higher studies in abroad countries also. Lots of top MNCs will recruit the B.Tech candidates. So it is advisable to study B.Tech than a diploma course after completion of higher secondary education.
12th November 2016, 09:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should opt for B.Tech degree after completion of your 12th standard rather than Diploma degree a if you go for diploma and later wish to opt for degree course, you will have to appear for LEET examination and the get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech, therefore, it is better if you get admission direct in B.Tech course rather than Diploma.

However, if you don't wish to opt for B.Tech course, then it is better you go for Diploma only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?